1.    #1  
    Hi,

I bought a Palm Pre Plus off Craigslist as a backup phone, since my wife's iPhone is been acting flaky and I thought we could switch her over if it died. Anyway, I thought I'd try to play with it, but I can't sign in without it being activated. I went as far as looking to switch my line over temporarily, but Verizon told me my data plan for my HTC Thunderbolt wasn't compatible, and I didn't want to go to the trouble of changing it. Both my wife and my data plans are superior to what Verizon is offering now.

From the reading I've been doing it sounds like you can't get around this, which is strange, this this the first smart phone that I've heard of that you couldn't use at all when it's not connected to the telco network.

-Eric
    do some research on meta-doctor and the wifi only option...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    Thanks, I found:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ation-etc.html

I'm currently downloading the linux image. I'll continue working on it tomorrow. This looks like it will be fun!

-Eric
  4.    #4  

Thanks for your help, sent this from my pre.
    great. These make great PDAs
    great. These make great PDAs
    If anything that's what Palm will be immortalized for. HP may have destroyed the brand but it lives on in the hearts of Palm enthusiasts like myself.

I used to have a IIIxe with keyboard and a Vx. Both with atleast 12mb of stuff on an 8mb ramdisk.

/offtopic

Sorry about your troubles OP. Wish it would work for you. This is all I have to offer once you bypass activation.

http://theunlockr.com/internet-mms-settings/

Maybe you'll get lucky OP
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!