1.    #1  
    I keep getting this when browsing on the web. Does anyone know why or what to do about them?
    "the security certificate fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net sent is expired. connecting to this site might put your confidential information at risk.
    trust certificate
    trust certificate once
    don't trust certificate"

I have a sprint pre running 1.4.5
    sometimes it's a different name on the certificate
    thanks for any advice
    What kind of sites are you getting the expired cert warnings from?

I mean is it mainstream sites? i.e.:eBay, Youtube, LOLcats, MSNBC, CNN, Secure Name Brand Bank, etc.

Or are you surfing suspect sites? i.e.: BuyCheapElectronics, FreeOnlineOffshoreBanking, GambleNow, etc.

In other words, are these expired cert warnings coming from sites that have questionable content, design, owners and motives?

It's two different issues.

1) Legitimate sites that don't throw warnings with your computer's AV and browser generate expired cert warnings only on your phone's browser

or

2) You are being warned not to trust something that is very likely not trustworthy to begin with
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Im pretty sure "fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net" is legitimate. I believe its part of Facebook.

Probably the onboard certificates expired (doesnt webOS have a bunch of web certificates set to expire 2010, 2013, etc?) ... but I really dont think I know what I'm talking about.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by katnou View Post
    I keep getting this when browsing on the web. Does anyone know why or what to do about them?
    "the security certificate fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net sent is expired. connecting to this site might put your confidential information at risk.
    trust certificate
    trust certificate once
    don't trust certificate"

I have a sprint pre running 1.4.5
    sometimes it's a different name on the certificate
    thanks for any advice
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Im pretty sure "fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net" is legitimate. I believe its part of Facebook.

Probably the onboard certificates expired (doesnt webOS have a bunch of web certificates set to expire 2010, 2013, etc?) ... but I really dont think I know what I'm talking about.
    akamai HD is a real site (I just looked) although it is .com not .net...

Maybe they are expired certs from parallel domain purchases that were allowed to lapse?

For example if you purchase the domain name MySite.com, often times you will also purchase MySite.net, .biz, .co.us, .co.uk, .tv, etc... to protect your brand even though you don't populate those extensions except as a redirect to your main content focus.

P.S.: when navigating to akamaihd.net I get a "Did you mean akamaihd.com?" query from Chrome. Then I clicked through to the .com domain. I did not get a cert warning in Chrome and verification is enabled.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    I get the expired notice on usa today mobile and other news. I don't have any facebook loaded on my phone. In the last day I am now having trouble with google. Either I get an error or the page loads with no results. I'm feeling like maybe it's time to move on to a new phone as my husband's iphone doesn't have any of these problems. I really appreciate the answers.