webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Pre Plus will not unlock with network code.
Pre Plus will not unlock with network code.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HydBadMan
  • 1 Post By stephan raj

Old 08/08/2012, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I am having a problem unlocking a Palm Pre Plus. I bought the phone from an internet retailer with a good reputation. The phone was sold as a NEW unit. The phone appeared in like-new condition complete with the thin plastic skin on the front(screen) of phone. No identifiable scratches anywhere that I could see. I decided to try and unlock the phone by the network unlock code method. I obtained the unlock code from two different services (tried a second service after the first code did not work,) and neither of them seem to unlock the phone. The IEMI number on the sticker under the battery matches the number given by the phone when *#06# is entered. The IEMI number was sent to both companies yielding identical unlock codes. Here are the steps I used:
1) Activated Palm Profile using my AT&T Iphone SIM(Pre is an AT&T locked model)

2) Once phone was functioning normally, I turned phone off and placed an international SIM card from SMART cellular(philippines). Phone powered on.

3) When phone powers up, the green screen with number pad appears asking me to "Enter Network Unlock Code." I entered the code and it resulted in an "Invalid PIN" response.

4) Phone powered down , battery removed, battery replaced and rebooted phone with the SMART SIM still installed. Boots to green screen asking for Network Unlock Code again.

The second Unlock code provider really took time to try and help me figure out a solution, even going so far as to have me send a video of the process with exact failure. After reviewing the video and consulting with his company, they issued me refund, unable to give me a solution as to why the unlock code for my IEMI does not work.

I have read about using software to unlock the pre plus but the program just seems to go through a process to generate unlock code from the IEMI, i'm not sure that software solution will be any good since i already have the Unlock code. Is there a known problem with some Pre Plus' that appear new but simply wont unlock with the network unlock code? Could this phone be a factory-refurbished unit that is somehow hard-locked? I have tried to comb google but haven't found any threads to shed light on this. If anyone could offer suggestions or assistance, I would be very grateful.
Mulesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2012, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

When you say using software to unlock, do you mean DOGBERT'S METHOD???

I have not heard of anyone failing completely with that method... And Dogbert will look at the report generated from your attempt and try to assist you.

In the last step there is a further command to use IF & ONLY IF unlock failed. If I understand that correctly it is a workaround in case your phone has failed to unlock on too many attempts and the hardware shuts out the unlock. Your phone may have failed to unlock too many times before it came to you.

I highly recommend trying the Dogbert Method.

Let us know if you make any progress.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2012, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
When you say using software to unlock, do you mean DOGBERT'S METHOD???

I have not heard of anyone failing completely with that method... And Dogbert will look at the report generated from your attempt and try to assist you.

In the last step there is a further command to use IF & ONLY IF unlock failed. If I understand that correctly it is a workaround in case your phone has failed to unlock on too many attempts and the hardware shuts out the unlock. Your phone may have failed to unlock too many times before it came to you.

I highly recommend trying the Dogbert Method.

Let us know if you make any progress.
I unlocked succesfully with dogbert method. I had to try it on a second computer but it only took 5 minutes to do. The code that python gave me was very different than the code that the unlocking services provided. Thanks for the tip, now the wifey can take it to Philippines with her.
Mulesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: dogber1
Old 08/10/2012, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

GO TEAM DOGBERT!!!!!

Glad it not only worked for you, but also that you didn't pay for an unlock.
Thanked By: dogber1
Old 09/21/2012, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hello, I am new to Web OS. Have been a huge Treo Fan for ages.
I got a Palm Pre Plus from ebay. I also got the unlock code from ATT.

However, the unlock code is not working. I tried several times and got nowhere.

I bought the unlock code from ebay but it was the same code. Will work on getting a refund soon.
For now getting my phone unlocked is more important.

I read the dogbert method page and it was like reading latin or greek.
I couldnt understand a sentence. I guess it goes without saying that I am not a Compputer Whiz.

So please help me out.
Anyone who has all the Dogbert method installed and already used it, please help me.
I will provide my Palm Pre Plus seriel number
Please help.
HydBadMan
HydBadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2012, 02:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydBadMan View Post
Hello, I am new to Web OS. Have been a huge Treo Fan for ages.
I got a Palm Pre Plus from ebay. I also got the unlock code from ATT.

However, the unlock code is not working. I tried several times and got nowhere.

I bought the unlock code from ebay but it was the same code. Will work on getting a refund soon.
For now getting my phone unlocked is more important.

I read the dogbert method page and it was like reading latin or greek.
I couldnt understand a sentence. I guess it goes without saying that I am not a Compputer Whiz.

So please help me out.
Anyone who has all the Dogbert method installed and already used it, please help me.
I will provide my Palm Pre Plus seriel number
Please help.
HydBadMan
The phone must be physically connected to the computer doing the unlock.

Please do not give out your ESN or IMEI numbers to anyone. It won't get you unlocked and it is info best kept private. Pirates can clone your phone with that.

I'm not very strong at programming, but I did puzzle my way through. Take it one step at a time. Dogbert laid it out pretty well. Don't look at the whole thing. Just work on step 1. You can do that. Then step 2.

It's easier that way, one step at a time..

Have faith, Brother. You got this.
Old 09/21/2012, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
The phone must be physically connected to the computer doing the unlock.

Please do not give out your ESN or IMEI numbers to anyone. It won't get you unlocked and it is info best kept private. Pirates can clone your phone with that.

I'm not very strong at programming, but I did puzzle my way through. Take it one step at a time. Dogbert laid it out pretty well. Don't look at the whole thing. Just work on step 1. You can do that. Then step 2.

It's easier that way, one step at a time..

Have faith, Brother. You got this.
Thanks RumoredNow.
I am really bad at this but I will give it a shot.
fingers crossed.
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Old 09/22/2012, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

My Device: Palm Pre Plus.
I went through the Dogbert Method and got the unlock code. Thanks RumoredGuy for the confidence. It was a simple procedure (but took me some time).

However, the code provided did not unlock the phone. Back to square one.
I emailed Dogbert my Perso.txt and waiting for help.
Regards to all.
Hyd Bad Man
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 09/22/2012, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

OK... That's odd. Did you try the writeback method at the end? That is supposed to be the ultimate failsafe.

Glad to hear you took it on.

My experience and other reports are that Dogbert is listening. I'm sure he will get back with you soon.

Feels good to have pushed through that, yes?
Old 09/22/2012, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Finally. I was able to get my phone unlocked.
Thanks Mr. Dogbert. You DA Man
Old 09/22/2012, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydBadMan View Post
Finally. I was able to get my phone unlocked.
Thanks Mr. Dogbert. You DA Man
He is indeed the man.

I'm excited for you getting the satisfaction of working on your phone, HydBadMan...

Next stop: Preware, webOS Quick Install, Uberkernel + Govnah. That is a great way to get comfortable working with your phone and learning about it.

Old 02/19/2013, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hello guys, I'm very experienced technically and this is what I'm getting... No problem generating the DiagPort code and installing the driver via device manager... However am receiving errors executing the unlock script even when specifying the COM port as it won't detect it automatically... I'm attempting to attach links so you guys can see the exact errors... Any guidance is greatly appreciated, I go all the way back old school with webOS, so I'm cool... ahahahahahahahaa lol

AT&T Pre Plus webOS 2.1.0
Windows 7 64bit

http://blazingtek.org/webOS/webOSerror.jpg
http://blazingtek.org/webOS/webOSdriver.jpg

THANKS A TON TO EVERYONE INVOLVED THAT PUT THIS TOGETHER (AKA DOGBERT)!!!

irie111

EDIT: I GOT THIS TO WORK using a Windows XP Pro 32bit virtual machine which is what I always try when a 64bit version of Windows does something off the wall... I'm leaving this post up in case others run into this error, and it would still be nice for the less technically inclined to have a fix as well... Thanks again "DOGBERT"!!!

Last edited by irie111; 02/19/2013 at 01:51 PM.
irie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2013, 12:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

thanks for the instruction
stephan raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0