Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By xs-sxs
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me why my Pre-Plus thinks it's an iPhone? Occassionally sites will ask me to download their iPhone application, presumably because it was made for my iPhone, which I do not own. Any help would be appreciated! Here's what's installed on my Pre-Plus:
    Web, email, camera, clock, contacts, the weather channel, music, BPM Counter, LED torch, TS Clock, Videos, free tether (and mobile hotspot), photos, Pandora, facebook, internalz pro, preware, zcorder, memos, count down clock, data toggle, QR decoder, quick sms, youtube, calculator, vz navigator, doc view, pdf view, Vountdown Timer, tasks, location services, SysToolsMgr, Help, Public Radio, neato!, MedDict, Vocab Builder,Online Radio (PRPRPR), $Woodenigma$, $Ultimate$ $Dog$ $Whistle$, $App$ $Catalog$, $Sounds$ &$amp$; $Ringtones$, $Preware$ $Homebrew$ ($documentation$), $wi$-$fi$, $Bluetooth$, $Device$ $info$, $date$ &$amp$; $time$, $updates$, $backup$, $blocked$ $HB$, $regional$ $settings$, $maps$, $gMaps$, $Screen$ &$amp$; $Lock$, $FileMgr$, $Reboot$ $Scheduler$, $UberKernel$, $Minimap$, $Unit$ $Converter$, $Pretext$, $PreCentral$, $Govnah$, $Calendar$ ($Uber$-$ized$), $Messaging$, $Phone$

    Thank you in advance!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bozpcc View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my Pre-Plus thinks it's an iPhone? Occassionally sites will ask me to download their iPhone application, presumably because it was made for my iPhone, which I do not own. Any help would be appreciated! Here's what's installed on my Pre-Plus:
    Web, email, camera, clock, contacts, the weather channel, music, BPM Counter, LED torch, TS Clock, Videos, free tether (and mobile hotspot), photos, Pandora, facebook, internalz pro, preware, zcorder, memos, count down clock, data toggle, QR decoder, quick sms, youtube, calculator, vz navigator, doc view, pdf view, Vountdown Timer, tasks, location services, SysToolsMgr, Help, Public Radio, neato!, MedDict, Vocab Builder,Online Radio (PRPRPR), $Woodenigma$, $Ultimate$ $Dog$ $Whistle$, $App$ $Catalog$, $Sounds$ &$amp$; $Ringtones$, $Preware$ $Homebrew$ ($documentation$), $wi$-$fi$, $Bluetooth$, $Device$ $info$, $date$ &$amp$; $time$, $updates$, $backup$, $blocked$ $HB$, $regional$ $settings$, $maps$, $gMaps$, $Screen$ &$amp$; $Lock$, $FileMgr$, $Reboot$ $Scheduler$, $UberKernel$, $Minimap$, $Unit$ $Converter$, $Pretext$, $PreCentral$, $Govnah$, $Calendar$ ($Uber$-$ized$), $Messaging$, $Phone$

    Thank you in advance!
    There is a iphone patch the changes the browser agent response, was that installed?
  3. #3  
    WIll need to list installed patches.... I only see ubercalendar listed, is that your only patch?

    If so I would chalk it up to bad web page programming and nothing to do with your phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There is a iphone patch the changes the browser agent response, was that installed?
    How would i find what patches have been installed, WebOSQuickInstall?
  5. #5  
    There are some websites that just tell you to go and download their mobile app, whenever you hit them with a mobile device.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There are some websites that just tell you to go and download their mobile app, whenever you hit them with a mobile device.
    yep, because apparently the only mobile devices that exist are all iphones (and androids)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  7. #7  
    iThink iYou iMust iDownload iAnything iApple... iIt iIs iAn iAutomatic iCompulsion iYou iCannot iIgnore!!!


    Are you sure you don't have the iPhone Spoof agent running?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bozpcc View Post
    How would i find what patches have been installed, WebOSQuickInstall?
    Either that or Preware.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9. #9  
    go here and put the .so file back to a webos agent string...
    iPhone User Agent Spoof - How to make all mobile websites display perfectly
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    go here and put the .so file back to a webos agent string...
    iPhone User Agent Spoof - How to make all mobile websites display perfectly
    I wouldn't suggest this unless we can confirm that OP has ever actually attempted to spoof iPhone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    RumoredNow likes this.
  11. xs-sxs's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #11  
    OP open internalz pro and look in your root folder which is really the folder /media/internal/ and tell us if you have a page below all the files toward the bottom that is called change-user- agent if you do you might have the I-phone spoof active, at least you have the file installed correctly for it, if you do then follow the linky that mtiberio gave and open your webos QI go to tools>linux comandline and enter this line
    /media/internal/change-user-agent uninstall

    I've swiched mine on and off enough to reinstall maps alot....
    Last edited by xs-sxs; 08/04/2012 at 05:15 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  12. #12  
    fxspec06 is right, it's a web page thing. The developers most likely just added a check for any mobile browser which then causes that message to pop up, regardless of whether the app is comptible with your device or not.

    TL,DR: It's the webpage. I've never iPhone spoofed and still encountered said popups.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  13. #13  
    It's actually the webpage thinking your Pre is an iPhone.

    I've never seen a JavaScript popup ever on webOS I think.
    It's nice, since almost every other website on my iPod (outside the ones I frequent a lot), interrupts me talking about tapatalk. (OMG THEY HAVE AN APP, NO WAY)

Posting Permissions