1.    #1  
    Please help!!!

NOTHING was done to phone, no patches, apps anything.

Took phone in to have screen replaced. New OEM screen and digitizer - once replaced the screen worked perfectly but I couldn't hear anyone while making a call and they couldn't hear me - but only making a call. Headphones, speaker, bluetooth - nothing. But all of those worked perfectly fine for anything else requiring sound.

Took it back and told them to fix it - gave me some bs excuse that the new part was bad, so I asked why that would only effect calls and effect speaker or bluetooth which they didn't touch. No answer so I took phone - ****ed but whatever.

Got home and phone was off. Will not power up, won't do anything with power button but if plugged in to charge the palm logo will appear for 15-20 secs, then blank, then start again. Stuck in a boot loop but never booting.

Any ideas on what went wrong and how this can be fixed? Doctoring is not even really an option as I have critical data on the phone. I have a backup of the drive saved plus my profile but thats still not everything.

Really really really want to save texts from ex wife for court.
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    When you plug the phone in can you get it to go into recovery mode? If you can, you may be able to at least pull data you need off of the device.

If you need to know how to put the phone into USB Recovery mode, shows the steps.
  3.    #3  
    So what your saying is theres probably no way to save it?

If I can doctor it then its basically a factory fresh phone. Once thats done I could still be left with a phone that doesn't make calls. Almost seems better to get one off ebay, possibly from sprint.
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    When you plug the phone in can you get it to go into recovery mode? If you can, you may be able to at least pull data you need off of the device.

If you need to know how to put the phone into USB Recovery mode, shows the steps.
    if it goes into recovery mode and still turns off you could always see if the power switch is somehow stuck and turning the device off.

is the battery fully charged/seated correctly? You mention repairs made to the device, have you had a look inside to see if they broke/scratched something inside.

if you get it to turn on tho and for example stay in recovery mode at least you can eliminate damage, broken batterty / battery seating or other defect.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #5  
    Only problem I was having was the screen not responding or over responding so I had the screen and digitizer replaced. I know the HD is attached to the back of the screen so I'm quite worried they ruined it. Zero issues software or hardware before this. Battery is charged. Power switch seems fine, but top of the slider doesn't seem flush, maybe a 3mm gap.

Device will only turn on when plugged into charger and loops the boot screen. Power button on its own does nothing.
    Not sure if sprint still has some around since I have a full warranty, could go ebay route.

Tech question - I copied the entire device to my computer before repair, if I were to WebOS doctor and then copy all files back would it go crazy? or would it actually accept all patches/apps/saved data etc?
    I miss my 1998 Startac.