Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hey all. I did some research but still can't decide whether or not I want to purchase the Pre 2.

    Here is why.

    About a month ago I bought the palm pre plus after my pixi plus broke. I got it for $60. A week or so later the Pre 2 pops up on eBay for $80.

    My pre plus is overclocked running 2.1.

    Should I get the pre 2? My pre plus runs pretty smoothly, but the battery life is atrocious (80% drop in 4 hours) and I dropped the phone onto concrete so it got scratched pretty badly. (I will get a case for the pre 2 )

    I just feel like it's a waste because I just bought the pre plus and it works pretty good.

    Any opinions would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Love the PrePlus, I am running webOS 2.2.4 (super scripted with a special kernel), with Skype and all the Verizon goodies...

    webOS 2.1.0 (super scripted) with Skype mobile is cool too...

    The Pre2 is faster, has a better camera, gorilla glass, etc....But with unlimited data and 5 g free mobile hotspot, I am sticking with the PrePlus takes forever to.boot, swap batteries, charge when I can, my true work horse... When it dies I will go to the Pre2/3...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I tried to follow the thread of upgrading to 2.2.4 but couldn't make heads or tails of it.
    So do you think it would just be a waste of money? I was thinking of having the pre plus as a backup in case something happens to the pre 2. I want to stay with webOS and palm/hp devices for as long as possible haha.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by njonjo View Post
    Thanks. I tried to follow the thread of upgrading to 2.2.4 but couldn't make heads or tails of it.
    So do you think it would just be a waste of money? I was thinking of having the pre plus as a backup in case something happens to the pre 2. I want to stay with webOS and palm/hp devices for as long as possible haha.
    Pre2 is a better, faster, newer, I would recommend doing what makes you happy, having a PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, and Pre3 (all Verizon, I also have a unlocked AT&T veer), I use the PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4, works well for me, but without a special kernel (it is not stable enough to be prime time 100%), stick with webOS 2.1.0, hope you used the test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 meta doctor script, all the Verizon apps, what Verizon should have released. If you need help with any of the scripts I developed please let me know.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by njonjo View Post
    ...My pre plus runs pretty smoothly, but the battery life is atrocious (80% drop in 4 hours)...
    Battery life is a huge factor in satisfaction...

    An 80% drop in 4 hours sounds like a bad/old battery. Or someone who power uses their phone a lot. What does Dr. Battery say about your battery Health? Have you Calibrated your battery lately?

    If you are happy enough with Pre + and battery is the number one issue keeping you from being satisfied, try a Mugen 1400. I recently got one for my Pre 2 and can say unconditionally it is well worth the $31.95.

    Cheaper than a new phone and it just might make your Pre + feel new.

    [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pixi
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  6. #6  
    just upgraded from a preplus to pre2. wanted it for the TP txt msg tie in, which ends up being a PITA... 2 doesn't seem any faster, and has fewer patches, etc than plus. Launcher not patchable at all... (I tried, 2.0.1, 2.1.0, 2.2.4, 2.1.0 and now I'm back at 2.2.4 all in the last 4 days...) Right now I'd say the only real reason to get one is a better keyboard... My plus' keyboard was good for about a year then H, Y and a few others started getting sticky... YMMV

    the 2 is heavier in your hand, so being lighter is a plus for the plus...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    just upgraded from a preplus to pre2. wanted it for the TP txt msg tie in, which ends up being a PITA... 2 doesn't seem any faster, and has fewer patches, etc than plus. Launcher not patchable at all... (I tried, 2.0.1, 2.1.0, 2.2.4, 2.1.0 and now I'm back at 2.2.4 all in the last 4 days...) Right now I'd say the only real reason to get one is a better keyboard... My plus' keyboard was good for about a year then H, Y and a few others started getting sticky... YMMV

    the 2 is heavier in your hand, so being lighter is a plus for the plus...
    My PrePlus test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script includes the Pre2 MAP (sms sharing), one does not need a Pre2 for that.

    FYI If GSM use the getbt script to get the same functionality, there is also a webOSInternals WiKi on it.
  8. #8  
    I liked 1.4.5.1, don't like os >= 2 on pluses... Really went 2 for the keyboard

Posting Permissions