Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    Hi there.. i'm new here... and i recently obtaina a PalmPre...

but i have a trouble with my touchpad(not thetablet, the tactil screen on the phone)... it's broken in the uper side...

I wantto turn on the developer mode.. but the button is in te right up corner...

there is a way to activate whit a command or someting using the keyboard??????

ok.. it is it...can you help me???

please anwerme.. please...
    Last edited by am_larios; 07/20/2012 at 05:41 PM.
    i dont know about the display (seems like a damaged touchscreen)

but i dont think ive ever seen a way to activate dev mode without tapping that switch in the upper right
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    i dont know about the display (seems like a damaged touchscreen)

but i dont think ive ever seen a way to activate dev mode without tapping that switch in the upper right
    You can activated dev mode in many ways, meta doctor, thru a novacom uimage mount, thru the GUI, the file you want to set is /var/gadget/novacom_enabled it is just an empty file, you can place on the drive, this will not allow one to bypass activation or bypass first use, but this will enable dev mode.
    RumoredNow and am_larios like this.
  4.    #4  
    i'll try that, but one more time, don't you make me a simple tutorial???
    i'm kind of newbew & i don't know how to get to that directory...

tank's...
  5.    #5  
    i tried the meta doctor way... but i canot do it... can you explainme how to it... John Steffes ... or tell me a page to check it to turn on the dev mode???

really i canot do it....
    if you have a GSM phone you can type #*3386633# this brings up a switch on the top right corner. If you just type webos20090606, the switch is in the top left corner, which works for both CDMA & GSM phones.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    if you have a GSM phone you can type #*3386633# this brings up a switch on the top right corner. If you just type webos20090606, the switch is in the top left corner, which works for both CDMA & GSM phones.
    That just puts the Dev Mode app Icon in the upper left... when opened it still puts the enable switch into the unusable upper right quadrant of the OP's phone.

And the App won't rotate to Landscape.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    That's a mybad......distracted by UFC last night.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It's been awhile since I tried to post or wanted to start a new thread. It was hard to figure out how to do it then and I've been all over several pages trying to figure it out. Since this post is about HP Touchpad trouble, I hope I will be excused asking for help for a different problem on this thread. The picture app shows all pictures I added to albums up to a certain point/date. None of the pictures since that time display even though they show up in webOS Internals and can be viewed that way. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this and how to correct it? Thanks!
    The Peggasus
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    You can activated dev mode in many ways, meta doctor, thru a novacom uimage mount, thru the GUI, the file you want to set is /var/gadget/novacom_enabled it is just an empty file, you can place on the drive, this will not allow one to bypass activation or bypass first use, but this will enable dev mode.

sorry but can you say me how to do one of the ways to insert that file in the phone ??? because i try it.. but i can't do it...

I'm a Telcel GSM User in Mexico

please send me a tutorial or a page to do it... tnx...
    Last edited by am_larios; 08/28/2012 at 09:13 AM.