1.    #1  
    Hi, all,
    my Pre+ doesn't seem to like the British Isles; last time I was here, it lost its memory and had to be repaired; this time around, the radio (German GSM, provider O2) stopped working the moment I activated it after leaving Eurotunnel on the British side; originally I wasn't worried because there was a news item about O2 UK being off the air after some major technical problems.

However, O2 is back, but my Pre+ isn't; I borrowed two unlocked SIMs (Vodafone and t-mobile) which worked in other mobiles - my Pre+ remained without connection.

WiFi still works, so I thought I'd "survive" till I'll return home.

However, the next hotel I'll be at doesn't have WiFi (they provide cables for your PCs), so I thought I'd try to get the radio started again; unfortunately, today I did a complete erase - on the half dozen or so occasions I had to do a complete restore of all apps I never was in a place which had WiFi and so it never registered that a "virginal" Pre only gives you access to the radio, not to WiFi.

Is there any known way to get past this stage when your radio is "dead"?

If I could use the device as a USB drive, I might - just might - be home free, because I habitually make complete backups of the Pre's memory with a PC program that can even successfully back up an active Windows partition.

Regards,

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 07/15/2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typo
  2.    #2  
    Hi, all,

sorry to have bothered you; while browsing through this forum, I found a thread nearly identical to this one - somehow the words I had Searched for had not pointed me to it.

palm pre plus wifi only - no carrier

I'll try to follow the Advice given by AwesomePalmPre127.

Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi, all,

sorry to have bothered you; while browsing through this forum, I found a thread nearly identical to this one - somehow the words I had Searched for had not pointed me to it.

palm pre plus wifi only - no carrier

I'll try to follow the Advice given by AwesomePalmPre127.

Regards,

Jochen
    Just to double check, doing this you won't be able to activate it with a carrier, (You probably won't though, because your radio's dead) unless you re-doctored your phone. Good luck!
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a million, you two,

together your link and advice did the trick - my phone is working again; now I'll just have to find out how to transfer the few most relevant apps back to my device without using that phone - tranferring large amounts of data via GSM while roaming is not my idea of financial fun.

Regards,

Jochen