1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I know, this bug or problem isn't new to Pre / Pre Plus Users. A few days ago, my Pre Plus stopped putting out sound on calls. So, when I call someone or am called by someone, this person can hear me but I can't hear him. A can only hear sound when I plug in my headset / headphone. It seems as if the Pre Plus is thinking that a headset it constantly plugged in, even when none is plugged in.

What confuses me is that Sound-Output is partially working:

On receiving SMS, the normal "Ding-Dong" Sound is put out; the game "topple ball mini" does play sound normally; that alarm clock and calendar-reminders are also played.
    But the Video-Player, the Music-Player and phone calls are only hearable whenn a headset is plugged in. As are PDK-Apps like "Angry Birds", "Sparkle" or "Supersonic".

Do you have experiences with this kind of behaviour? I already cleant the headphone jack; for a few days, sound worked as normal, but then returned to this "not playing always" behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Hi there,

I know, this bug or problem isn't new to Pre / Pre Plus Users. A few days ago, my Pre Plus stopped putting out sound on calls. So, when I call someone or am called by someone, this person can hear me but I can't hear him. A can only hear sound when I plug in my headset / headphone. It seems as if the Pre Plus is thinking that a headset it constantly plugged in, even when none is plugged in.

On receiving SMS, the normal "Ding-Dong" Sound is put out; the game "topple ball mini" does play sound normally; that alarm clock and calendar-reminders are also played.
    But the Video-Player, the Music-Player and phone calls are only hearable whenn a headset is plugged in. As are PDK-Apps like "Angry Birds", "Sparkle" or "Supersonic".

Do you have experiences with this kind of behaviour? I already cleant the headphone jack; for a few days, sound worked as normal, but then returned to this "not playing always" behaviour.
    ...I really think you need to clean the jack again.

My three year old Pre- required a real substantial cleaning of its headphone jack a few days ago and the phone is working better than it has in months.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Hi there,

I would retry cleaning the jack. I know if you don't fully clean out the jack it will work for a few days and then not work again. I cleaned mine with a fair amount of graphite dust shaved from a pencil and rammed a headset jack a few times to make sure I got a good clean. You can also try twisting the jack while putting it in, this might help loosen any grime still stuck. Make sure you dump out all the extra dust. Hopefully this will work!
    I have had this occur occasionally. Last time, after trying phone reboot, pulling the battery and all the tricks with the headset jack, what ended up fixing it was doing a Luna restart within the Luna manager in PreWare. Hopefully that solves it on yours also.
  5.    #5  
    ok, alcohol from my local drug store and a toothpick helped. My sound is back. Thanks everyone.