1.    #1  
    My Sprint Pre, which is in use by my gf, has had the power switch go dead. A couple months ago, the power button stopped being "springy", and now it's not responding at all.

I swapped the button itself from a Pre+, but that didn't seem to work. So, I put a little shim under the tiny little board that seems to have the power contact, to try and prop it up, but that only had minor success -- i can get the button to work, only if i leave the upper corner screw by the power button unscrewed, which leaves the phone unacceptably wide open. I can't seem to figure out how to push/poke/prod/shim it in a fashion which gets the power button back in contact with the switch while being able to screw the phone back together all the way.

Any advice? Other than taking it's modem out and putting it into the Pre+ or a Pre2? I don't really want to go that far into it at this time, although if the hardware gets any more beat to crap, I might have to . . I suppose I can try to pick up another Pre-, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    There's an homebrew app called screen off, give that a try if you haven't already. I have it dead center in my quick launch bar. I'll fix my power button one of these days, maybe
  3.    #3  
    I was going to write one myself, but that doesn't solve the problem entirely, since now the ringer switch or slider switch are going to get more wear on them, to turn the display on.. I wonder if we could write an app that would handle listening for the center button that would turn the display on ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    When my old pre- power button went out, I just put a sliver of eraser under it and it worked fine.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    When my old pre- power button went out, I just put a sliver of eraser under it and it worked fine.
    I think I'll try that. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I was going to write one myself, but that doesn't solve the problem entirely, since now the ringer switch or slider switch are going to get more wear on them, to turn the display on.. I wonder if we could write an app that would handle listening for the center button that would turn the display on ..
    I like how you're thinking, that would be awesome. The power button needs to work tho, cuz there are times when its just more convenient to press the button.