Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    So I have my Pre+ now, but the battery life have been abysmal. I metadoctored up to 2.1.0, and I was pretty happy. With the screen on the battery life has been abysmal, though. I lose a percent per minute pretty much. UberKernel at stock speed and screen brightness on lowest setting. I have my sync settings to use data less often. Don't know what to do. Is there any way to save more battery without going back to 1.4.5? If I have to, I suppose I can go back but I really prefer webOS 2.0. For now, I'm back to my Thunderbolt. Unfortunately I can't worry about not having my phone actually be functional for communication.

At least it won't quash my dev hopes. If I have to stay on android, I hope Open webOS comes to Android hardware.

EDIT: Welp, I need a new SIM before I can go back to the Bolt.
    Last edited by beveragevendor; 06/29/2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beveragevendor View Post
    So I have my Pre+ now, but the battery life have been abysmal. I metadoctored up to 2.1.0, and I was pretty happy. With the screen on the battery life has been abysmal, though. I lose a percent per minute pretty much. UberKernel at stock speed and screen brightness on lowest setting. I have my sync settings to use data less often. Don't know what to do. Is there any way to save more battery without going back to 1.4.5? If I have to, I suppose I can go back but I really prefer webOS 2.0. For now, I'm back to my Thunderbolt. Unfortunately I can't worry about not having my phone actually be functional for communication.

At least it won't quash my dev hopes. If I have to stay on android, I hope Open webOS comes to Android hardware.

EDIT: Welp, I need a new SIM before I can go back to the Bolt.
    you need a new battery
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    dr. Battery says my battery is perfectly healthy though. Maybe it just needs ti calibrate? I'll try that tonight.
    Dang if I didn't just finish a long winded post about battery life...

I'll just link to it so as not to wear my fingerz down ta tha nubs.

help: if this is really do-able, then i want to do it
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Thanks. I'm also making sure I properly calibrate the battery. I did buy this "new" but I want to make sure I know how healthy the battery really is. I'm also not sure it's set into it's own calibration, so to speak. I've only been running it down for a few days. I had 30% left 2 hours ago, with heavy usage (on purpose to test) I'm down to 5% just now. So maybe I'm just wrong? Seems finicky.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Some vaguely scientific tests I did:
    Test 1 was heavy use: constant we browsing and screen on. The only variable was the UberKernel profile. Profiles used were 500/1000, 500/800 (both screenstate) and default. Profiles switched after 10 minutes. I found no significant battery drain rate difference between them, each losing about %5 during the 10 minute test.

Test 2 was light use: screen on and off with text and GTalk. Same profiles and times used. The 1000 and 800 lost about %3 after 10 minutes. I found that the default profile had only moderate battery savings at %2 in 10 minutes.

GAS was off and sync times are set pretty far apart. Any tips on what I should do? Is this bad battery life?