Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By somline
  1.    #1  
    I was looking at the accessory store and I noticed that the Pre 2 battery looked about the same size as the PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$. $Would$ $it$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $put$ $on$ $in$ $there$?
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Yes, the Pre and the Pre 2 take the same battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    Yes, the Pre and the Pre 2 take the same battery.
    I wonder about the the Palm Pre 3 battery, it would be nice to see it fit into the Palm Pre 2 device. I'm very curious about it, don't know since I never seen the inside of the Palm Pre 3's devices, but thinking that it might be devices from Palm it might be the same size as the older Pre's except for more watts into the battery. I like the Palm Pres third generation device because it has a bit more juice in the battery. The battery life of the WebOS phones, it just pretty awful when compared to other devices that competed against WebOS. That is something that Palm missed out when making these smartphones bigger battery packs into the phones, at least people won't had criticize them that much on the press/blogs. WebOS devices just plain sucks on the battery life department, they barely last at all. You will see my phone charged to %100 percent, within a few minutes maybe close to thirty minutes of listening to music/web browsing and then I noticed that got like less than %87 percent.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    My understanding from reading on this board is that the Pre 3 is a different battery altogether. It has 5 contacts, not 3 like all the earlier Pre models and it communicates with the device differently as well. (That's why Dr. Battery won't calibrate Pre 3 or Veer...)

Also, Pixi model batteries look ostensibly the same as Pre model batteries, but a long time user said in another thread they are not quite the same and probably should not be interchanged.

Best bet for any Pre model is the Mugen Power 1400 battery for Pre. [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pixi

I just got one and I love it. It lasts me two days and charges up to 1454 mAh after the conditioning cycles. Works with my Touchstone back as well.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    My understanding from reading on this board is that the Pre 3 is a different battery altogether. It has 5 contacts, not 3 like all the earlier Pre models and it communicates with the device differently as well. (That's why Dr. Battery won't calibrate Pre 3 or Veer...)

Also, Pixi model batteries look ostensibly the same as Pre model batteries, but a long time user said in another thread they are not quite the same and probably should not be interchanged.

Best bet for any Pre model is the Mugen Power 1400 battery for Pre. [HLI-PRESL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery For Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pixi

I just got one and I love it. It lasts me two days and charges up to 1454 mAh after the conditioning cycles. Works with my Touchstone back as well.
    Thanks, RumoredNow for your great post...it help to answer some questions.

Anyhow, I had a questions for those third-party batteries that I have seen online that were built for those Palm phones devices specially the Pre models. I heard tons of stories out of those non-palm batteries that are been sold online from third-party manufacturers, some of them talks about the battery having a bit of a different fit on the devices. There some reviews that talks about the battery has loose contacts with the phone socket(where the battery pins meets the connectors. As a result, every time you slide open or shut the phone, the phone will turn off due to the loose ends of the pins.

I would like to know your opinions on the matter, and your experiences with those batteries ? Are they positive ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    The pre 3 battery is larger than the pre-/+/2 Pixi+/- battery and has 5 contacts compared to 3.
    I assume the chip in the pre3 battery is the same or compatible with the pre-/+/2 Pixi+/-.
    The problem for dr.battery is not the battery/chip but the A6 device in the phone/Tablet.

EDIT: I also recommend Mugen. Don't buy a Seidio: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ll-1350-a.html
    Last edited by somline; 06/29/2012 at 11:07 AM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Love my Mugen!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I vote Mugen 1400 all the way. Why mess around?

My experience with it has all been positive. It fits very tight in the battery slot and has been reliable and powerful in the short time I've owned it. The price is attractive. Not cheap like some, but a reasonable value since it appears to work as advertised and my research of threads here shows it has satisfied most users.

<edit> Note that I have only used the stock Palm battery and a Mugen...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Love my Mugen!
    I'm waiting for my new Mugen to make its way out of HongKong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm waiting for my new Mugen to make its way out of HongKong.
    The dual tracking numbers they provide (HK Post and USPS) are a nice touch... Mine went from Hong Kong to Long Island and then inland to MO... About 7 business days if I remember correctly.

Don't forget it needs to be signed for or the Postal worker won't leave it.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    The Pre-/+/2, Pixi-/+ use the same "BP1" battery type, which can actually be swapped out with the battery from the PalmOS-based Centro, albeit won't work as well. (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $some$ $incompatibilities$, $but$ $it$ $will$ *$work$*)

Pre 3 uses its own battery size, and so does the Veer. (both batteries arent the same though)
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive