1.    #1  
    Greetings,
    I just got my Palm Pre 1.4.5 and after installing some software I decided to restart it (because some huge games won't start). But after restart pre just kep restarting... so I used webOS doctor and restored, everything would be fine, but I got this phone from germany and I coudn't login to palm pre account so I used devicetool, and after phone booted up I used FirstUse app to connect to palm pre account and finally there is no 3g internet (not even an icon on screen)... only wifi (before webOS doctor 3g worked fine, there was icon on screen )

Any suggestions ? How to fix it ?

In "Device Info" Network -> CARRIER is set to "ROW"
    I don't know what thats mean.. but maybe that will help to find problem
    What carrier are you using?

Are you sure all the settings are correct in the dialer preferences? Tap on ROW and see if you can change that back to your carrier, then check you APN and MMS settings...

Is the phone an unlocked one? I don't think Doctoring reverses that...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Since it's a CDMA device, you might need to call your carrier's customer service and and ask for an MSL number, this is what I had to do to fix my 3g way back when. (while I was on sprint) Although if you're not using sprint this might be different.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  4.    #4  
    My carrier is "Omnite" (from Lithuania, Europe), I can't edit APN, MMS setting from phone (unable to save settings). Nothing happens when I tap ROW, I found that it is possible to modify manualy CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file and set custom settings, but there is no ROW carrier inside, so I am not sure what to change.

I don't know what you mean by "unlocked", I can make calls, send sms messages, but there are no data :|

Any sugestions on that ? I could provide configuration settings (from other phones and from carrier itsef).
    How to: Omnitel Internet Configuration | GPRS | WAP | MMS Settings | 3G Activation | APN | Manual | Lithuania

Is the error in APN and MMS settings that it tells you "Incorrect Settings" and have you tried clicking "Set Up Anyway"?

I find that I have to force my settings that way.

By "Unlocked" I mean was your phone branded to a carrier like O2 and you are using it on a network it wasn't released on? If your phone was made for a specific phone company it must be unlocked to use on a different company's network...

In the dialer Preferences and setting toggle "Manual Settings" to On. Tap "Edit Network Settings"...

According to the link above you need APN set to: gprs.startas.It
    User Name: Omni
    Password: Omni

For MMS settings:

MMS APN: gprs.mms.It
    User Name: mms
    Password: mms
    MMSC: http://mms.omnitel.net
    MMS Proxy: 194.176.32.149:8002
    Max Size isn't listed - try 600 and if that doesn't work try using 300

Unfortunately there is no listing for Omnitel in my carrierdb.json file from my GSM unlocked Pre 2 or I would have uploaded that entry for you...

Mobile Nations Devotee
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for information. I don't know what carrier it was in germany But I know one thing, that there was no palm sold on Lithuanian carrier :|

I tried changing settings, but I get "Unable to write settings." and "Set Up Anyway" don't save it also. So that means that palm is locked ?
    Quote Originally Posted by full_int View Post
    Thanks for information. I don't know what carrier it was in germany But I know one thing, that there was no palm sold on Lithuanian carrier :|

I tried changing settings, but I get "Unable to write settings." and "Set Up Anyway" don't save it also. So that means that palm is locked ?
    I would guess it is carrier locked.

Looking at the list of Doctors shows that in Europe the Pre was sold under O2 and Moviestar branding...

Try Dogbert's Method for unlocking the phone Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

And then try inputting the manual settings from above...

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    @RumoredNow - Thanks for the link, I will try to follow that guide today.

@chupaculi - Yes, I can make\receive calls, send\receive sms messages. But no network (only wifi).