Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By my2001twins
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Well it is time to say goodbye to my Pre Minus. I haven't been able to hear a call except for on speakerphone or with a plugged headset for months. My husband is feed up with me saying that I cannot hear him on a call. So he went out and got me an iPhone 4S.

It should be a happy day to have one of the coveted iPhones but I will miss my Pre, greatly.

Saying all that, my USB port has been broken for months. And I need to get a lot of photos and videos off the phone. Wifi works fine. I tried to download the WifiSync application from the App catalog but it is not downloading, it has been stuck in the pre-download state for days. I tried a few other apps and they are doing the same thing, so I guess this is another thing that is broken on this phone.

Help, how can I get these photos and video off this phone. And no, I don't have PreWare installed on the phone.

Thanks much for any help offered!
    Quote Originally Posted by my2001twins View Post
    Hi,

Well it is time to say goodbye to my Pre Minus. I haven't been able to hear a call except for on speakerphone or with a plugged headset for months. My husband is feed up with me saying that I cannot hear him on a call. So he went out and got me an iPhone 4S.

It should be a happy day to have one of the coveted iPhones but I will miss my Pre, greatly.

Saying all that, my USB port has been broken for months. And I need to get a lot of photos and videos off the phone. Wifi works fine. I tried to download the WifiSync application from the App catalog but it is not downloading, it has been stuck in the pre-download state for days. I tried a few other apps and they are doing the same thing, so I guess this is another thing that is broken on this phone.

Help, how can I get these photos and video off this phone. And no, I don't have PreWare installed on the phone.

Thanks much for any help offered!
    just go into the pictures app and email the pictures and videos to yourself. It will take a looooong time but its the only way
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  3.    #3  
    Sigh, I was hoping for a better answer.

Any idea why apps are not downloading?
    Sigh, I was hoping for a better answer.

Any idea why apps are not downloading?
    sadly no. Have you tried rebooting etc.? (I know how annoying it is when people suggest that but oh well)
    I'll try to look for a better answer or maybe you could convince your husband to return the iPhone and get a basically new pre for $70 off of ebay.

LINK!:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sprint-P...ht_1150wt_1114
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Either email them or upload them to like facebook, or Flickr, something along those lines. As far as apps not downloading can be anything from credit card info not correct or updated. A change in profiles where their is no credit card present on file or signed out of your profile. Since there's no USB access only wireless transfer, uploads, or emails are your choices. :-(. Sprint used to have pcs pictures on their website, all my photos and videos used to be uploaded to the sprint site. Honestly I don't know if they still have it but it used to be accessed with your phone number and password.
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/26/2012 at 06:21 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    Sprint used to have pcs pictures on their website, all my photos and videos used to be uploaded to the sprint site.
    I Googled this and fount the Sprint PCS site but it looks like they just discontinued it as of last week.

Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    sadly no. Have you tried rebooting etc.? (I know how annoying it is when people suggest that but oh well)
    Yes, I had tried resetting the phone many times without success.

Well just when I was about to concede defeat, I accidently dropped my Pre on the ground, causing the cover and battery to come off. When I put it back together, what do you know, it caused the Apps to finally start downloading.
    So insert lesson here, a reset doesn't work as well as completely shutting it down and removing the battery.

I downloaded Wifi Sync, and while this worked well, it only allowed me to upload one file at a time.
    I then tried the unoffical Box.net app for the Pre and it was the partial answer to my problem. There was an option to upload my entire photo roll at once. It didn't work too well over the air, but putting it into Wifi mode only, it uploaded quickly! Thank you to the developer that created the unoffical box.net option.

Only problem is that there is not a similar option for Videos, so I have to do this one by one but at least 90% of the items I needed to get off the phone was the photos.
    I Googled this and fount the Sprint PCS site but it looks like they just discontinued it as of last week.

Yes, I had tried resetting the phone many times without success.

Well just when I was about to concede defeat, I accidently dropped my Pre on the ground, causing the cover and battery to come off. When I put it back together, what do you know, it caused the Apps to finally start downloading.
    So insert lesson here, a reset doesn't work as well as completely shutting it down and removing the battery.

I downloaded Wifi Sync, and while this worked well, it only allowed me to upload one file at a time.
    I then tried the unoffical Box.net app for the Pre and it was the partial answer to my problem. There was an option to upload my entire photo roll at once. It didn't work too well over the air, but putting it into Wifi mode only, it uploaded quickly! Thank you to the developer that created the unoffical box.net option.

Only problem is that there is not a similar option for Videos, so I have to do this one by one but at least 90% of the items I needed to get off the phone was the photos.
    Awesome! And farewell from the webOS users of America
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Awesome! And farewell from the webOS users of America
    Oh no, I am not going away!! My husband can pry my on life-support Pre, out of my hands. But I still have my TouchPad and I will be using my Pre in WiFi mode only.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.