1.    #1  
    I'm getting my first smartphone for christmas and I can't decide which one to get.

Heres the pros and cons for both:

Palm Pre Plus:

Pros:
    River stone design
    5GB of free tethering
    Goes with my Palm Pixi Plus (The Pixi Plus doesn't have enough power)
    Still has silver earpiece

Cons:
    webOS 1.4.5.1
    Weird battery door
    Non-Gorilla Glass

Palm Pre 2

Pros:
    webOS 2.X
    No weird battery door
    Faster
    5 Mega-Pixel Camera

Cons:
    Weird stepping-stone design
    Gesture area is larger than where the earpiece is
    TOO MUCH SOFT-TOUCH
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    No downside to Pre2.... No upside to pre+
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Definitely the Pre 2. I thought I'd miss my Pre Plus, but I don't.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Faster, newer, why wouldn't you get a Pre 2?

I love mine so much as my entry phone into webOS.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Faster, newer, why wouldn't you get a Pre 2?

I love mine so much as my entry phone into webOS.
    I don't know I'm not a fan of the flat screen. Or soft touch.
    If only there was a cheap Verizon Pre3
    Last edited by boovish; 06/25/2012 at 06:43 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Just flipped a coin 3 times and Palm Pre 2 it is
    Pre 2
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Pre 2
    That is what I am going for my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I don't know I'm not a fan of the flat screen. Or soft touch.
    If only there was a cheap Verizon Pre3
    I recently purchased a Palm Pre 2(my previous device was a Palm Pixi), since my original purchase I will give you my initial impressions of it.....Mind you this over the course of a few days. The Palm Pre 2′s is a very nice of design phone, don't let the soft touch weird you out - it makes the device feel like a nice improvement from the original Pre. Even though, I never own a Pre before, but still managed to get a hands on demo/feel on an AT&T local store(which strangely enough still carries the device on their store) and the feel of the original Pre doesn't sit well with me. The screen is much better designed since the Plus and with the new Gorilla glass screen it adds an extra touch to the device as well as the flat screen instead of the curvacious design from old phones.

Only thing that, I don't like is the slide-out keyboard mechanism, sometimes I feel scared that it will break-off since it has the feeling of been a little loose. While on my Palm Pixi, I had the keyboard all out without having to slide-out anything and the keys are not so clicky as the Pixi. But I think it all comes down of getting used to the typing with the keyboard. one thing to take notice with "Palm Pre 2" you will be getting the WebOS 2.0 installed.

However, if you planning to get a phone on Christmas....I think that you have more alternatives to buying a phone that runs on WebOS and if you save a few bucks(here and there) you will be able to afford the Palm Pre 3. The safest bet will be saving money to buying a Palm Pre 3, which you will get a bigger screen, higher resolution and of course the Touch-To-Share functionality.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    That is what I am going for my friend
    Just to note, though you may already know, you can put webOS 2.x on a Pre+ if you changed your mind. All things being equal though, I still prefer the Pre2 myself.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I recently purchased a Palm Pre 2(my previous device was a Palm Pixi), since my original purchase I will give you my initial impressions of it.....Mind you this over the course of a few days. The Palm Pre 2′s is a very nice of design phone, don't let the soft touch weird you out - it makes the device feel like a nice improvement from the original Pre. Even though, I never own a Pre before, but still managed to get a hands on demo/feel on an AT&T local store(which strangely enough still carries the device on their store) and the feel of the original Pre doesn't sit well with me. The screen is much better designed since the Plus and with the new Gorilla glass screen it adds an extra touch to the device as well as the flat screen instead of the curvacious design from old phones.

Only thing that, I don't like is the slide-out keyboard mechanism, sometimes I feel scared that it will break-off since it has the feeling of been a little loose. While on my Palm Pixi, I had the keyboard all out without having to slide-out anything and the keys are not so clicky as the Pixi. But I think it all comes down of getting used to the typing with the keyboard. one thing to take notice with "Palm Pre 2" you will be getting the WebOS 2.0 installed.

However, if you planning to get a phone on Christmas....I think that you have more alternatives to buying a phone that runs on WebOS and if you save a few bucks(here and there) you will be able to afford the Palm Pre 3. The safest bet will be saving money to buying a Palm Pre 3, which you will get a bigger screen, higher resolution and of course the Touch-To-Share functionality.
    I would buy get a Pre 3 but my parents would say "NO ITS TOO EXPENSIVE!" (Exaggerated) But I will try and I'll let you know what happens. I like the Pre3 because it looks better than the Pre 2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Palm Pre Plus:

Pros:
    River stone design I got a side case/holster for my Pre2 and it doesnt fit as well as the rounded Pre-/+'s
    5GB of free tethering can't argue with that
    Goes with my Palm Pixi Plus (The Pixi Plus doesn't have enough power) and the pre2 won't?
    Still has silver earpiece i never really cared for it

Cons:
    webOS 1.4.5.1 upgradeable to 2.1 through some hackery
    Weird battery door yep
    Non-Gorilla Glass true

worse build quality and battery life

Palm Pre 2

Pros:
    webOS 2.X
    No weird battery door
    Faster
    5 Mega-Pixel Camera

Cons:
    Weird stepping-stone design I think it's a great design
    Gesture area is larger than where the earpiece is ?
    TOO MUCH SOFT-TOUCH I think the soft touch is better than the more-fingerprint-y gloss used in some others.

Get the Pre 2, unless pluses are much much cheaper.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Palm Pre Plus:

Pros:
    River stone design I got a side case/holster for my Pre2 and it doesnt fit as well as the rounded Pre-/+'s
    5GB of free tethering can't argue with that
    Goes with my Palm Pixi Plus (The Pixi Plus doesn't have enough power) and the pre2 won't?
    Still has silver earpiece i never really cared for it

Cons:
    webOS 1.4.5.1 upgradeable to 2.1 through some hackery
    Weird battery door yep
    Non-Gorilla Glass true

worse build quality and battery life

Palm Pre 2

Pros:
    webOS 2.X
    No weird battery door
    Faster
    5 Mega-Pixel Camera

Cons:
    Weird stepping-stone design I think it's a great design
    Gesture area is larger than where the earpiece is ?
    TOO MUCH SOFT-TOUCH I think the soft touch is better than the more-fingerprint-y gloss used in some others.

Get the Pre 2, unless pluses are much much cheaper.
    nope the pre 2 is not the first Verizon webOS device
    If you look at the Pre 2 you notice that the earpiece are is smaller than the gesture area
    Having both... go for the 2! Battery lasts for longer too!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Same here having them all, the pre is definitely your best bet. All the way around. The plus was just a plug and not worth getting even if it is cheaper.
    get an AT&T Pre3 and a Straight Talk SIM. $45 per month, unlimited talk/text/data. waive bye-bye to Verizon.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    get an AT&T Pre3 and a Straight Talk SIM. $45 per month, unlimited talk/text/data. waive bye-bye to Verizon.
    sorry parents want to keep Verizon because of my moms 22% off dealy whatzit
    Get the Pre 2. I have a plus and a 2 on AT&T and the 2 is a much better phone.

I don't remember if you FrankenPre the comm board from a Verizon Pre Plus into the Verizon Pre 2 you can keep the tethering working. I know the mobile hotspot app reports itself to the server differently, giving away the tethering, but I don't know if the Plus esn makes it work.

You could also go Preware and Freetether and share whatever data plan you end up with. It works on my Pre 2, though I recommend a reboot after using it.
    sorry parents want to keep Verizon because of my moms 22% off dealy whatzit
    then Pre2, definitely. The pre plus is a pretty old dog now, and it doesn't really run webOS 2.1 all that well.