1.    #1  
    Is the App catalogue different between different countries? I tried looking for a twitter app on a UK Pre and it came up with none? I would really like to buy a pre but really need it to have a twitter app.
    App catalogs are indeed different between countries (but not a lot).
    I don't know why you didn't find a Twitter app, but I assure you there are a few capable Twitter apps available.

Are you thinking of buying a Pre, as in the original Pre (not Pre Plus or Pre 2 / 3)? If so I highly recommend getting a phone that (officially) supports webOS 2.x - it's much better than 1.x.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I recommend the phnx app, free in preware.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    App catalogs are indeed different between countries (but not a lot).
    I don't know why you didn't find a Twitter app, but I assure you there are a few capable Twitter apps available.

Are you thinking of buying a Pre, as in the original Pre (not Pre Plus or Pre 2 / 3)? If so I highly recommend getting a phone that (officially) supports webOS 2.x - it's much better than 1.x.
    Does the original pre not support webOS 2.x?
    It does, but only unofficially, it's not a very good experience since the original Pre is relatively weak. Some might disagree and say it runs fine, but of course the newer phones like Pre 3 and Veer run it much better (and support newer versions) and without any hacks or tinkering.
    I recommend Project Macaw (available in Preware) or Bad Kitty (available in preware).
  7.    #7  
    I've now got my pre, came today. I think the problem with the missing twitter apps was because the one I had a play around with hadn't been updated to the latest firmware. Updated the pre I got today and the apps appeared!
    Now I'm trying to install another app which I would like but when I click on it all it does is go to the spinning circle thing and stays there, does that mean the app is no longer available?

Edit

Found this about the app and followed the instructions given but didn't work.

http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/webOS-S...ighlight/false

I left a reply as follows:

Hi, I'm having the same problem with this app. I've followed the instructions and installed Impostah on my pre but when it comes to the install app bit it comes up with Service Error (installApp): undefined.
    When I click on show application details it comes up with:

Service Error (getAppDetails):
    {"message":"could not locate the application", "errorCodes":"DISC0025"}
    Last edited by GB-UK; 06/05/2012 at 11:38 AM.