1.    #1  
    Hey, folks...
    Last month I switched phones from a Verizon Pre Plus. I transferred all of my personal data and photos, then did a complete data wipe just for peace of mind. My son has since read that the Pre was Linux based (much excitement over that lol) and asked if he could have it just as a Palm/wifi device. The phone wants to set up or access a palm profile in order to restart, and can't do that without access to the wireless provider's network (which that phone no longer has.) Is there any way to access the Palm functions and wifi without being connected to the Verizon network or should I just give the boy the bad news and recycle the Pre?

Thanks for any help you can give!
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenBeez View Post
    Hey, folks...
    Last month I switched phones from a Verizon Pre Plus. I transferred all of my personal data and photos, then did a complete data wipe just for peace of mind. My son has since read that the Pre was Linux based (much excitement over that lol) and asked if he could have it just as a Palm/wifi device. The phone wants to set up or access a palm profile in order to restart, and can't do that without access to the wireless provider's network (which that phone no longer has.) Is there any way to access the Palm functions and wifi without being connected to the Verizon network or should I just give the boy the bad news and recycle the Pre?

Easy to apply not so easy to get on github there is a meta doctor repo under that is the patch google it grab it.

Now the device must be in dev mode, google that depends on webOS version (assume < 2.x use devicetool.jar) or phone app ##devmode#.

Use quickwebOSinstaller to apply, then, activate WiFi, then device reset (data wipe), it will reboot but WiFi should still be available? Go thru first use, it should state phone is activated. This process had been posted many times before...
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenBeez View Post
    Hey, folks...
    Last month I switched phones from a Verizon Pre Plus. I transferred all of my personal data and photos, then did a complete data wipe just for peace of mind. My son has since read that the Pre was Linux based (much excitement over that lol) and asked if he could have it just as a Palm/wifi device. The phone wants to set up or access a palm profile in order to restart, and can't do that without access to the wireless
    provider's network (which that phone no longer has.) Is there any way to access the Palm functions and wifi without being
    connected to the Verizon network or should I just give the boy the bad news and recycle the Pre?
    the DEVMODE # is the fastest way to get going. If your son (who liked it when he heard it was linux) could also use the metadoctor process to choice which 2.x version he would like to try & insert the wifi only option (read the metadoctor process wiki page) It's fun, enjoy