Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sonjohn1
  1.    #1  
    I just utilized my Motorola Photon" buy back" from Best Buy and reactivated my 3 year old Pre. Now I know why this was the best smart phone I've ever owned. It feels great in your hand and everything just works. If only Sprint had gotten some Pre3's. And by the way, WebOS has the best Dev community out there, bar none. I'm happy to be back.
    John
    RumoredNow likes this.
    welcome back, but try to get you some Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    I just utilized my Motorola Photon" buy back" from Best Buy and reactivated my 3 year old Pre. Now I know why this was the best smart phone I've ever owned. It feels great in your hand and everything just works. If only Sprint had gotten some Pre3's. And by the way, WebOS has the best Dev community out there, bar none. I'm happy to be back.
    John
    Welcome back... Sounds like a happy reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Maybe get off the Sprint and get onto Straight Talk with a 2 or 3 and no FrankenPre surgery...

I'm really liking the "Bring your own phone" deal on my GSM unlocked Pre 2.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Maybe get off the Sprint and get onto Straight Talk with a 2 or 3 and no FrankenPre surgery...

I'm really liking the "Bring your own phone" deal on my GSM unlocked Pre 2.
    Welcome | Straight Talk

wow, when did they start offering that? I've wanted to use straight talk, since it's the best deal out there by far, but last I heard you had to buy one of their smartphones to get the SIM, then put the SIM in the Pre3 and throw away the donor phone. curses... my t-mobile monthly plan just renewed today!

edit: a little googling shows that Feb 2nd, 2012 was the debut of the straight talk 'bring-yer-own' plan.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 05/27/2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Welcome | Straight Talk

wow, when did they start offering that? I've wanted to use straight talk, since it's the best deal out there by far, but last I heard you had to buy one of their smartphones to get the SIM, then put the SIM in the Pre3 and throw away the donor phone. curses... my t-mobile monthly plan just renewed today!

edit: a little googling shows that Feb 2nd, 2012 was the debut of the straight talk 'bring-yer-own' plan.
    Price is great but what are the cons?
    Can I still use my Apps & buy new ones from the catalog?
    Hows talk & data coverage. Is data speed fast (2g is too slow for me).
    Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    my pre2's screen is not as good as my pre plus

and my pre plus feels better in my hand.

i use pre 2 though, =\
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Thanks
    No cons for me.... I have a 3g Pre 2. I get 3g in town. My GF has a 4g phone on T-Mobile.

When we go out in the country to her folk's house I get 3g there. Her T-M phone drops to Edge.

I have full HP App Catalog access and Preware.

Voice, SMS, MMS, Data - they all work like they are supposed to once configured for the carrier. Meaning I just do and never have to think about it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Thanks
    No cons, lots of folks using it. Runs on ATT towers.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...