Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stvbarb89
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I got a new pre phone about two days ago, On my old phone I had My tether, a number of different patches, Uberkernel, and different themes..etc.

*But now with this new one, I can't get it to install most of the same patches I had (Like the top bar showing the date as well as the time.)

*My Tether is installed, and installed fine but when I turn it on my laptop does not recognize it at all. "AoNet" does not show anywhere.

*I had "Freetether" installed, but could never get it to connect or even brodcast a signal, wifi or usb

*I have "Govnah" installed, but no other kernels other than the pre kernel will install, therefore I cannot overclock it.

*The camera shows a dark black screen when I try to take a picture. I found that I can take a picture but, can't see it while I;m taking it or after. I can view it later in the photo roll section though.

*I installed Snes and VisualBoy but do not see them anywhere on the phone when I hook it up to usb.
    When I try to run either app on the phone it flickers off of the screen very quickly.

I need to use my phone for the internet, I don't really care about the games. This is really setting me back,, until I get this worked out I have to come up to barnes and noble whenever I need the internet
    Does anyone have any suggestions, or anyone experiencing the same problems and know how to help?

It is GREATLY appreciated!

-Thanks steve
    Is it an original Sprint Pre? What version is it running?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Definitely need to know the exact model an OS version (device info)
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  4.    #4  
    sorry guys it's a Sprint pre runnin Webos 1.4.5
    Has the phone been doctored?? If I were in that situation, and had the ability to run the WebOS Dr, I would try that first.
    I would buy a pre2 and sprintify it before I ever used a pre- again. Don't get me wrong I love the pre- but the pre2 and pre3 , even the veer beat it hands down .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I would buy a pre2 and sprintify it before I ever used a pre- again. Don't get me wrong I love the pre- but the pre2 and pre3 , even the veer beat it hands down .
    i could prob get you a used pre2 for next to nothing - PM me if interested.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all the replies, have not doctored it, and I forgot about the Pre 2 and "sprintifying" it

I will try doctoring it and let all know how it goes!

@Steven_Farkas PM sent

- Thanks again!
    The Pre 2 is a great phone. I have one, as well as a Pre Plus.

I use the Plus because it marks the pinnacle of patching and customization. Using Apptuckerbox I can get all of my paid 2.1 apps loaded on the Plus (sans Koto Player).
  10.    #10  
    Doctored the phone and works fine!
    sledge007 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks again everyone for the suggestions!