Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andrewshah
  1.    #1  
    After spending about a year and a half with Android and iOS, I will be using a Pre plus again! I found a great deal on Craigslist. My question is, what's new?! I have been following webOS news loosely and know the basics. (Betrayed by HP, open source, ect) But are there any new must have apps, patches, hacks, mods, ect? I'm very curious and can't wait to start using webOS again!
    kataran likes this.
  2. #2  
    Welcome back! A few good things & some not so good. Enyo is in place, installed w bing maps (which replaced google maps & blows). Google maps is back via homebrew & developer Jan H
    that has provided us w an excellent google map experience & continues to improve. Webos 2.2.4 came out for our looking @ but has not been perfected for your Pre Plus yet. 2.1 is your best bet. If your into metadoctoring than there are scripts avail to put MAP on your phone to connect your touchpad (if you have one) to to your phone for text messages over the TP (very cool) .some improved patches & fnx's, root around and have fun. Welcome back. BTW, Pre 2's are avail on ebay, some for a little over 100$ and are well worth it (in my opinion)
    Last edited by ulmens; 05/11/2012 at 09:32 AM.
  3. #3  
    If you're 'coming back' after almost 2 years then a Pre Plus is probably not the best place to start. Once you're comfortable w/ where things are software wise, look into a Pre2 or even better, the Pre3.
  4. #4  
    The "free" Hotspot for life on Verizon has me still using my Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 1.3.5. I have the overclocking and many patches applied, which gives me just enough umph to keep me happy. I do have a Touchpad for my WebOS 3 fix. Wondering about applying WebOS 2.1 to the Pre Plus but for $20 month, I'm not sure. Not sure about a Pre 2 either. Maybe I'll wait for a future WebOS phone (via Homebrew maybe?) to really make tghe switch. Am I a dinosaur?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfbaskwill View Post
    The "free" Hotspot for life on Verizon has me still using my Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 1.3.5. I have the overclocking and many patches applied, which gives me just enough umph to keep me happy. I do have a Touchpad for my WebOS 3 fix. Wondering about applying WebOS 2.1 to the Pre Plus but for $20 month, I'm not sure. Not sure about a Pre 2 either. Maybe I'll wait for a future WebOS phone (via Homebrew maybe?) to really make tghe switch. Am I a dinosaur?
    Why 1.3.5 at least go to 1.4.5.1....

    2.1.0 is good and stable, 2.2.4 is ok but not so stable... Using my Verizon Super script for webOS 2.1.0 you get it all map with touchpad, Skype mobile, better hotspot... And as you have a PrePlus it is still free for 5g...
  6. #6  
    Yeah 1.4.5. I mis-typed that one!
  7. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm0nsterr View Post
    After spending about a year and a half with Android and iOS, I will be using a Pre plus again! I found a great deal on Craigslist. My question is, what's new?! I have been following webOS news loosely and know the basics. (Betrayed by HP, open source, ect) But are there any new must have apps, patches, hacks, mods, ect? I'm very curious and can't wait to start using webOS again!
    Welcome back, we missed you! If you can score a Pre2 or Pre 3, I'd say do it (much better than Pre+). As for apps, I agree with the new Google Maps. I'd also suggest App Tuckerbox, which turns Preware back into the one-stop shop it used to be (7-9000 apps and more flexibility with, 700+ homebrew-only apps without).
    Can you bring anyone into the fold with you?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfbaskwill View Post
    The "free" Hotspot for life on Verizon has me still using my Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 1.3.5. I have the overclocking and many patches applied, which gives me just enough umph to keep me happy. I do have a Touchpad for my WebOS 3 fix. Wondering about applying WebOS 2.1 to the Pre Plus but for $20 month, I'm not sure. Not sure about a Pre 2 either. Maybe I'll wait for a future WebOS phone (via Homebrew maybe?) to really make tghe switch. Am I a dinosaur?
    Mobile Hotspot remains free even if you upgrade to 2.1. From Verizon's point of view it's a feature of the phone, not the OS version.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the replies! Yeah, the Pre plus is definitely showing its age. Even over clocked, it's extremely laggy. I think I'll re-sell it on Craigslist and save for a Pre 2 or 3.

    But boy do I miss webOS and the form factor!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm0nsterr View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! Yeah, the Pre plus is definitely showing its age. Even over clocked, it's extremely laggy. I think I'll re-sell it on Craigslist and save for a Pre 2 or 3.

    But boy do I miss webOS and the form factor!
    Trust me.....night vs day having my Pre 3 over a Sprint Pre. I am on straight talk and am very happy
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Mobile Hotspot remains free even if you upgrade to 2.1. From Verizon's point of view it's a feature of the phone, not the OS version.
    Thanks. WebOS 2.1 will be my next project.

Posting Permissions