Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I maybe one of the last few people in the world (lol) that still has their pre, I am considering upgrading and want to switch to a good phone, any suggestions? I know many people feel like the pre was a piece of ****, but I actually liked it..

thanks
    I have a Pre2 and love it. If I was going to switch I'd grab a new Nokia Windows phone. A few of the guys here got them this week and I'll admit they are very nice. But not nice enough for me to give up all the little things webOS offers (gesture, great notifications, etc). If my Pre2 ever takes a dirt nap I'd look for another one first - but that's just me
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have a Pre2 and love it. If I was going to switch I'd grab a new Nokia Windows phone. A few of the guys here got them this week and I'll admit they are very nice. But not nice enough for me to give up all the little things webOS offers (gesture, great notifications, etc). If my Pre2 ever takes a dirt nap I'd look for another one first - but that's just me
    Your right...i just love the pre specific nuances, especially the multitasking
    After 2 years with a Pre-, 2 months with a Veer, I really like my Pre3.
    kataran and cujoq37 like this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    After 2 years with a Pre-, 2 months with a Veer, I really like my Pre3.
    Im so disappointed with the path HP took with webos
    I love my Pre 3 and all that it has to offer. I can only imagine what the 4th generation version would have been like with app support, this is all that's missing although the wifey I am still good to go with our Pre 3s.

Are. There any portrait physical keyboards on any of the other OS?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If only I had your Pre- Sprint communication board, I could buy another Verizon Pre2 and upgrade one of my (family's) Pixis to the phone I use and love. I use my Touchstone way more than any apps that I have purchased. Maybe because I haven't shopped recently for any new phones, I find that I am not lusting over any of the new features available in the other brands. I suppose that Siri might be kinda fun, but otherwise I'm not missing anything that I want my phone to do.

Yesterday, Sprint activated a spare Pixi (when my daughter smashed hers) for no charge nor additional fee. I didn't show them the Verizon phone I am using on their network. Save your new phone allowance for the day that Sprint offers something that can be hacked into the new OpenWebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Are. There any portrait physical keyboards on any of the other OS?
    These guys: BlackBerry - New BlackBerry PDA Smartphones - New Cell Phones & Smart Phones - US

But I think the OP is looking for something with a more certain future...

I almost got one of these for the novelty factor: Motorola CHARM - Full phone specifications

It even has a touchpad on the back for navigating. Android Eclair. Slow but steady TI OMAP @ 600 MHz. html browser. Small - crap rez screen. LOL I like things that are different from the norm though and you can get them GSM unlocked through WallyWorld... ooops now that I look they are gone from there. It was only two months ago I saw they had them....

Anyway, soooooo freaking glad I got a Pre 2.

niki101, why not try Walmart online for an unlocked phone?
    Walmart.com: Electronics: Cell Phones: Unlocked Phones
    80 different models to browse.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I really liked my pre- too

11 months....its still the best looking pre ever...a little slow but webOS made up for it....turned it into an organ donor for my pre2 but I talk to it once in a while

just got one off craigslist to upgrade my girlfriends Pixi.... To her its the fastest phone in history....wait till I Uber it for her
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I'm still rocking my pre-. I don't really want to upgrade because then sprint will charge me an extra $10/month. That ****es me off. My pre- is limping along, slowly dying. I am hoping that I can get them to replace it with another. I was kind of thinking about doing one of those FrankenPre things, but the monster in Shelley's novel is such a tragic character who's isolation and loneliness compels him to ultimately seek revenge upon his creator by embarking on a murderous killing spree of everyone close to Frankenstein...and I certainly would not like that to happen to me. I also can't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a 3g phone either.
    RumoredNow and kzanol like this.
    I just WISH the Pre3 has been released with a CDMA board for Sprint (yep, I'm still with them)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just WISH the Pre3 has been released with a CDMA board for Sprint (yep, I'm still with them)
    I still have my Sprint Palm Pre. I wish there was a CDMA Pre3 to replace my ailing Pre-.
    I upgraded both my and my wife's Pre- to Pre 2's (Franken, Sprint). I'm happy with mine, but my wife wants to go Android or Apple to get the bar code scanner that she needs for work. (Wish we had one on WebOS!)

I'm looking at either the Nexus, the Galaxy SIII, or the HTC One for her. Still undecided -

(PRE 3 ON SPRINT! COME ON!!!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    These guys: BlackBerry - New BlackBerry PDA Smartphones - New Cell Phones & Smart Phones - US

I almost got one of these for the novelty factor: Motorola CHARM - Full phone specifications

It even has a touchpad on the back for navigating. Android Eclair. Slow but steady TI OMAP @ 600 MHz. html browser. Small - crap rez screen. LOL I like things that are different from the norm though and you can get them GSM unlocked through WallyWorld... ooops now that I look they are gone from there. It was only two months ago I saw they had them....

Thanks and if they are still alive, I think BB 10 is as close to a duplicate of webOS as it might get in the short term. I hope open source webOS becomes what we all want so the op and the rest of us can stick with it
    God help me, I have an unhealthy obsession with oddball things.

This thread sent me off into the Googlesphere yesterday. Now I really want one of these:
    Motorola FlipOut - Full phone specifications

The AT&T branded one gets 720 MHz instead of 600 for the CPU (modified kernel?) so I want one of those to unlock and have to swap my Straight Talk SIM into. A cool little Android pocket size phone...

I don't see it replacing my Pre 2, but it looks really fun. I'm considering getting this instead of a Pre 3 when my bonus comes in any day now.

Stop me before I buy again!!! Especially since I'll still want a Pre 3.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm in the Veer camp. I just love this little phone. I will keep it forever if I can.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post

I decided to order the new HTC Evo
    I hope your new phone serves you well... and that the market finds a way to bring you new webOS hardware in the not too distant future.

Good luck, niki.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm still on my launch Pre- as is my wife. I also don't want to upgrade my phone because Sprint will hit us up. I'm not ready for $20/month hike in my bill.

I'm not too impressed with the phones on the market. If my Pre will make it, I'd like to hold out until the iPhone5. Not to sure about jumping on another phone OS that won't make it (Windows Phone).
    I'm not exactly sure how the whole phone-radio thing works, but couldn't you put an old Sprint Nextel SIM card in an unlocked pre3, or would that not work?
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast