Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    If I have my Pre on the touchstone, the clock keeps ticking. If it's off, when I hit the power button to wake it up, it'll pause for a bit and then the clock figures out what time it is.

    This means that if I set an alarm and the phone isn't docked, the alarm never goes off. This just started a month ago.

    Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    If I have my Pre on the touchstone, the clock keeps ticking. If it's off, when I hit the power button to wake it up, it'll pause for a bit and then the clock figures out what time it is.

    This means that if I set an alarm and the phone isn't docked, the alarm never goes off. This just started a month ago.

    Any ideas? Thanks.
    I'll say up front that I don't have any solution.

    However, I've been seeing weird stuff like that for a while, and my Pre's been behaving more and more weirdly, so just tonight I've been considering doing something about it.

    What I've been seeing:
    • Occasionally, when I turn on the Pre (from sleep), the clock will display the future time by one minute, then back up by one just seconds later. This may have always been there, and perhaps this is the result of an earlier fix for time synchronization, where the Pre's clock was way too fast.
    • More recently, I've noticed the time frozen several minutes or a couple of hours into the past. I've definitely noticed it when it has been sitting on the touchstone. I'm pretty sure I've noticed it without the touchstone upon first turning it on (from sleep).
    • I've been experiencing more slowdowns and freezeups. Well, I hadn't experienced freezeups that required me to pull the battery until sometime over the past month, and it's happened twice.


    I'm thinking of pulling out the WebOS Doctor to try and set this straight.
    Who's flying this thing?
  3. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    If I have my Pre on the touchstone, the clock keeps ticking. If it's off, when I hit the power button to wake it up, it'll pause for a bit and then the clock figures out what time it is.

    This means that if I set an alarm and the phone isn't docked, the alarm never goes off. This just started a month ago.

    Any ideas? Thanks.
    I've had that problem ever since I've gotten my Pre 2, running webOS 2.0 up through the current 2.whatever...

    I tried to figure out the problem and fix it in the past but Palm was no help and I have since given up on the effort.
  4. #4  
    It's saving battery by not updating the screen when the screen is off.
  5. #5  
    it was a noticeable effect in the older PalmOS PDAs without much horsepower. (the time junp forward)

    here, my pre stops keeping time when i fully power it off
  6. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's saving battery by not updating the screen when the screen is off.
    No, its not updating the time period when the screen is off.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    No, its not updating the time period when the screen is off.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That's bizarre. I figured it was just slow in updating the display. I notice my phones updating the time when I power the screen on. So if you open the clock app, it will report the same incorrect time as the top bar? The only time my webOS devices lose time is when they are in airplane mode for extended periods of time, like several days, at which point, it will be off by hours.
  8. #8  
    never had this problem with my minus or my pre2


    could this be a service partial problem?
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That's bizarre. I figured it was just slow in updating the display. I notice my phones updating the time when I power the screen on. So if you open the clock app, it will report the same incorrect time as the top bar? The only time my webOS devices lose time is when they are in airplane mode for extended periods of time, like several days, at which point, it will be off by hours.
    I notice a 30 sec difference in the aniWeather clock and the system clock. The strange thing is aniWeather is ahead so it seems to get its time from somewhere else. The system clock was NTP synced about an hour ago.
  10. #10  
    I did a device restart and have since checked the problem - seems to have fixed itself. Since my phone is my alarm clock, i'm going to get the 'schedule device reboot' app, and set it to reboot while i'm sleeping to make sure the clock doesn't hose me like it did this morning.

    Woke up at what i thought was 715am, and then when i got out of the shower it was 830am according to another clock. Thought i was going crazy!

    Hope the scheduled reboot does the trick and no one's late to work because of phone wackiness!
  11. i2y4n's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #11  
    The only time my clock works like its supposed to is when there is a memory leak (which eventually requires a restart) or its sitting on a touchstone.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions