1.    #1  
    For the past couple of day's I haven't been able to get the update app on my pre plus webOS 1.4.5 to work. It seems stuck on "checking for updates", and never comes back with the list of apps with updates.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Also the Beeb (BBC News) app is broken I think. Tapping on an article brings back a full web page, not the nicely formatted text and picture of the article.
  2.    #2  
    Never mind, the update app works again, and is displaying app which have an update. Not sure what the issue was.

I was hoping to find an update for Beeb News 1.8.8, but it is not there. Beeb News is still returning full web pages.
    Hmmm...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just checked my Beeb. I'm running Beeb 2.3.0 on a Pre 2 (2.2.4) with no problems.... Haven't had a Beeb update recently that I remember.

Maybe try uninstall/reinstall?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    Looks like the Beeb developer is not supporting further updates to WebOS 1.4.5 platform. Who can blame him/her?
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Looks like the Beeb developer is not supporting further updates to WebOS 1.4.5 platform. Who can blame him/her?
    You should be able to upgrade your phone to 2.x.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Might be worth the effort if your hardware is still working fine for you.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee