1.    #1  
    Just updated my at&t pre plus to 2.1 and love it. Is there anyway to get AT&T navigator back?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
    Just updated my at&t pre plus to 2.1 and love it. Is there anyway to get AT&T navigator back?
    Sure use the Veer webOS 2.1.2 doctor change the jar to a zip unzip and find the att.tar under the resource directory.

untar the att.tar look for com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1-30_armv7.ipk and copy that to your USB drive...

then usr novaterm
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk

reboot and it should be there?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Sure use the Veer webOS 2.1.2 doctor change the jar to a zip unzip and find the att.tar under the resource directory.

untar the att.tar look for com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1-30_armv7.ipk and copy that to your USB drive...

then usr novaterm
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk

reboot and it should be there?
    sweet and the command is to be ran using the terminal when the phones connected?
  4.    #4  
    i try to install it via internalz pro and it says it installed ok but it never shows... even after a reboot... any ideas? if i try via quick install it say "Package dependencies not satisfied" please help
    i try to install it via internalz pro and it says it installed ok but it never shows... even after a reboot... any ideas? if i try via quick install it say "Package dependencies not satisfied" please help
    Use novaterm (terminal) or it will not be installed to root...
  6.    #6  
    Use novaterm (terminal) or it will not be installed to root...
    sorry for all the questions but it says i need to have root access to do this... how do i do that? and when i do that all i have to do is type:

mount -o remount,rw / (enter)
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk (enter)

right? i just want to make sure... thanks so much for all the help! you are the best!

and as a FYI i do have preware installed
    Last edited by joshuadjohnson22; 04/23/2012 at 01:21 PM.
    sorry for all the questions but it says i need to have root access to do this... how do i do that? and when i do that all i have to do is type:

mount -o remount,rw / (enter)
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk (enter)

right? i just want to make sure... thanks so much for all the help! you are the best!

and as a FYI i do have preware installed
    That looks right....
  8.    #8  
    That looks right....
    how do i run as root?
    how do i run as root?
    Novaterm?
  10.    #10  
    Novaterm?
    here is what i see when i run that using terminal through ubuntu:
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    [sudo] password for johnson:
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$ ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk
    No command 'ipkg' found, did you mean:
    Command 'dpkg' from package 'dpkg' (main)
    ipkg: command not found
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$

if i run it on the device via wTerm app it just said permission denied run as root (are you root?)
    here is what i see when i run that using terminal through ubuntu:
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    [sudo] password for johnson:
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$ ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.attnavigation_1.0.1_30_armv7.ipk
    No command 'ipkg' found, did you mean:
    Command 'dpkg' from package 'dpkg' (main)
    ipkg: command not found
    johnson@johnson-HP-Mini-311-1000:~$

if i run it on the device via wTerm app it just said permission denied run as root (are you root?)
    The issue I see, you need root access to the veer with wTerm use su, when in linux terminal one must ssh into the veer via novaterm (HP/Palm SDK)
  12.    #12  
    The issue I see, you need root access to the veer with wTerm use su, when in linux terminal one must ssh into the veer via novaterm (HP/Palm SDK)
    ok cool, when i use wterm and type "su" before the rest of the code it says "su:must be suid to work properly" what does that mean?
    ok cool, when i use wterm and type "su" before the rest of the code it says "su:must be suid to work properly" what does that mean?
    If I could see what you did? For now I am guessing use novaterm to ssh (secure shell) terminal into your device.

FYI Copy paste text so we can see what you did and the error that you got?
  14.    #14  
    If I could see what you did? For now I am guessing use novaterm to ssh (secure shell) terminal into your device.

FYI Copy paste text so we can see what you did and the error that you got?
    that was on the device via mterm, havent tried novaterm (still have to figure out how to use that)

i typed:

su mount -o remount,rw / (enter)

and that error pops up. It also pops up if i just type su
    Assume you are not ssh into your device you are try to su on your linux machine not your webOS device, can't see what you see so guessing!
  16.    #16  
    Assume you are not ssh into your device you are try to su on your linux machine not your webOS device, can't see what you see so guessing!
    yes the above post was inside webbios with the app wterm... im not at home to try it via linux
    yes the above post was inside webbios with the app wterm... im not at home to try it via linux
    Did you configure SU for wterm?

wTerm: The WebOS Terminal Emulator

Follow that thread or use desktop with novaterm?

Go to wTerm Misc Preferences:
    Change default exec to 'login -f root' to get root user access from 'login -f wterm'
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/24/2012 at 02:38 PM.
  18.    #18  
    worked perfectly! THANKS!