1.    #1  
    my pre plus has just come down with the problem where the screen appears to be touched by a ghost. I haven't seen any solution for this problem.

This is the same problem that brought down my palm pre some months ago.

My first palm was a palm 3 and then i progressed to a palm V > tungsten W > treo 600 > treo 680 > palm pre > palm pre plus.

Each new handheld / phone brought with it a new adventure and a clear upgrade path. The phones were never cutting edge, but they were always easy to use flexible and stable.

Where to go from here?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    The pre3 has a nice large screen and better keyboard.

If you are stuck I would go with the pre3 if you can get it at a reasonable price until you see something more interesting,

you can prepare for migration by syncing the pre3 to outlook and google calendar with google calendar sync
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Not sure if you've seen it, but there is a thread about this issue (old problem):

Palm Pre touching itself!!??
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not sure if you've seen it, but there is a thread about this issue (old problem):

Palm Pre touching itself!!??
    Thanks,
    I read that forum when my first palm went south.

I think I will go for a galaxy with Android.
    I have had that problem once last year, but that was on a Motorola Milestone XT720 with Android 2.2 Never had it on the Pre 3 so far.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I have had that problem once last year, but that was on a Motorola Milestone XT720 with Android 2.2 Never had it on the Pre 3 so far.
    I've decided that i am not yet ready to migrate to android ..... yet - that will probably come next.
    i caved and bought a palm pre 2. i would have gone for a pre 3, but could not find one for a good price.

I am actually looking forward to using my pre 2 especially after having to use a nokia feature phone for a couple of weeks
    pre2 is rock solid, you will appreciate it after the plus
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My wife has Android and it is fine, but I suggest everyone shopping to at least give Windows Phone look.
  9.    #9  
    my pre 2 has arrived. it is up and running. i see some VERRRRYYY nice additions to webos 2x.

My pre 2 cost me $100.00 and came with the touchstone charger. The touchstone is brilliant. How does a smartphone come without one???? especially the waysmart phones drain the battery. Just having it charge next to my computer reminds me of the old palm docking station, but simpler. just great.

in addition i am enjoying the way skype is integrated into the os as opposed to being just another app that is maybe on or maybe not. this is really the way to do it.

I have to say that palm really made a very useable pda and not a mini tablet. i am really sorry to see them go the way of the dinosaur .