1.    #1  
    Ok guys, so I picked up a att pre plus a while ago. I used the activation bypass tool so I could play with it while I was waiting for my straight talk Sim to get here. Well my card is here and I called att and got my unlock code but when I put the card in I get nothing when I should get the network unlock screen. I've tried doctoring, full erase and turning airplane mode on and off with the card in with no luck. The upper left corner says "check Sim-SOS only". Please help me get to the network unlock screen so I can use my phone.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  2.    #2  
    Bump. Anybody??

Did you bypass again and try then or just after doctoring in the first use screen?

Also, put the sim card in another phone to see if it will register correctly to the network.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:23 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Did you bypass again and try then or just after doctoring in the first use screen?

Also, put the sim card in another phone to see if it will register correctly to the network.
    Both, and Sim works fine in other phones.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer450 View Post
    Both, and Sim works fine in other phones.

Next test would be to insert an AT&T sim in your Pre. If it remains SOS, your modem fw might be corrupted, but chances are slim since you've doctored successfully.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Next test would be to insert an AT&T sim in your Pre.
    If it remains SOS, your modem fw might be corrupted, but chances are slim since you've doctored successfully.
    Actually, I tried that too. Went to an att store and they let me use a card. She wasn't the brightest bulb though so I don't know if it was an active card.

Actually, I tried that too. Went to an att store and they let me use a card. She wasn't the brightest bulb though so I don't know if it was an active card.

And what was the result?
  8.    #8  
    Same.

Same.

OK, well if it remains SOS Only even with an AT&T card inserted, it's either corrupted modem firmware or hardware failure. Doctor it again just to be sure (and again and again)

Corrupted modem firmware: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals Hardware failure: ribbon? How to disassemble & reassemble a Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    OK, well if it remains SOS Only even with an AT&T card inserted, it's either corrupted modem firmware or hardware failure. Doctor it again just to be sure (and again and again)

Corrupted modem firmware: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    Hardware failure: ribbon? How to disassemble & reassemble a Palm Pre
    I'll try that a little later on today, thanks.

On a side note has anyone had problems using a straight talk Sim in an att phone? I have an old razr that I just unlocked and can't get the Sim to work, don't know if it is the card or the phone.

Note that this isn't the card you buy it came out of a cheap straight talk phone.

11.    #11  
    Just figured if let everyone know, the straight talk Sim cards are locked to the phone they come with. In working on how to unlock the Sim. I know I could get there unlocked Sim but then I'd have to pay 45 a month instead of 30. I'd rather not pay that extra 15 for data I'll never use