Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By ASprintGuy
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone from Sprint Tech Support and about an issue I have with Sprint TV. Apparently the new version 1.7 is not compatable with Palm Pre/Pixi, Evo. and some Samsung phone. That will be fixed shortly.

We talked a little more he mentioned about some other updates to webOS they will be doing in regards to voice mail notification, Sprint TV, Sprint Zone, an issue with the cards and a few other things. I asked if this would be a jump to webOS 2 and he said probably not.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    They did make some changes to Sprint TV (on other phones..) recently to make it work over WiFi, but I would be totally shocked if they pushed an update to webOS devices. Shocked I tell ya. Happy, but shocked I would be.
    Vistaus likes this.
    I haven't had Sprint TV on my phone in ages. I totally forgot about that app.
    Heh, yeah, I can't remember the last time I started it up.
    I lost that app when I made my FrankenPre2. That's one app that wasn't part of that process. lol
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    I just got off the phone from Sprint Tech Support and about an issue I have with Sprint TV. Apparently the new version 1.7 is not compatable with Palm Pre/Pixi, Evo. and some Samsung phone. That will be fixed shortly.

We talked a little more he mentioned about some other updates to webOS they will be doing in regards to voice mail notification, Sprint TV, Sprint Zone, an issue with the cards and a few other things. I asked if this would be a jump to webOS 2 and he said probably not.
    Just curious... How did you get the update to 1.7. I am still at 1.5 and working fine. Like most everyone else, I don't go into it hardly...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I haven't had Sprint TV on my phone in ages. I totally forgot about that app.
    I haven't used Sprint TV in at least 10 months
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just got an update notification on my Sprint Pre-. Says it wants to install Palm webOS 1.4.5. They coudn't at least give it a new version number?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    I just got an update notification on my Sprint Pre-. Says it wants to install Palm webOS 1.4.5. They coudn't at least give it a new version number?
    Probably want to avoid people calling in thinking they are getting "the update" a la to 2.x or create speculation of people expecting sprint will just keep updating their phone that's 3 yrs old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    ...and I think it ended up causing ptoblems...with the Maps app for one.

...and I already had 1.4.5!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah, don't update, it will reinstall the old google maps which does not uninstall all the way with bing maps. Have to use internalz to get rid of it...
    has anyone updated? wifes phone has the update now. how did it go? do you just have to keep cancelling it or is there a way to disable the update notification?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    there is no actual update for the sprint pre. Every few months the process has been repeated numerous times about a update notification that is just some sort of glitch that sprints have been having for years now. It has to do with the bing map and google map if I'm not mistaken. Updates to an unsupported end of life phone are no longer being released on sprints network