1.    #1  
    A friend of mine recently purchased a used pre- and took it to the Sprint store to get it activated. The Sprint employee said he couldn't activate it because it had been flashed to cricket. Is there an easy or free process I can use to re-flash it to Sprint? Thanks for any help!
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Just get the WebOS Doctor image for the Sprint version of the original Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Just get the WebOS Doctor image for the Sprint version of the original Pre.
    Thanks I think I will try this. I'll post back later with any results.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Thanks I think I will try this. I'll post back later with any results.
    The webOS Doctor isn't likely going to solve that issue. The changes were made to the NVRAM settings on the comm board itself, which the doctor has no effect on. Be warned it is not super simple unless you know your way around. I haven't done it myself, but I know you will need the MSL code for your phone to even begin (hopefully someone reset it to just 000000 when they did the cricket conversion). Then to get started, you need to enable USB passthrough on the phone (there is a patch to make it easier) and set "USB Port 1" to "Diag", download and install the palm diagnostic drivers on your PC, and download/install a program called QPST.

Switching back to Sprint will at least probably be easier than going the other way was.

Here's a link with instructions from someone going back to Sprint from Cricket. It discusses an HTC Evo but should also apply to a Pre once you have it connected in QPST:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=937652

There is probably a lot more info on doing this in more specific forums like cdmagurus.com too.
    Last edited by sq5; 04/06/2012 at 08:54 AM.