1.    #1  
    Got a charging problem with my PPP (Palm Pre Plus). I connect it to to the charging adapter, the logo appears (battery with the flash) after 1:45 minutes the logo changes to the power connector, turns off, turns on and shows again the charging battery. This procedure loops until I unplug it.

What I tried so far:

- different USB connectors and cables
    - paper between battery and phone
    - different batteries
    - cleaning the contacts

Nothing worked so far, hope there is someone here with similar problems and some hints.

Thanks a lot...
    Last edited by petit13; 04/04/2012 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by petit13 View Post
    Got a charging problem with my PPP (Palm Pre Plus). I connect it to to the charging adapter, the logo appears (battery with the flash) after 1:45 minutes the logo changes to the power connector, turns off, turns on and shows again the charging battery. This procedure loops until I unplug it.

What I tried so far:

- different USB connectors and cables
    - paper between battery and phone
    - different batteries
    - cleaning the contacts

Nothing worked so far, hope there is someone here with similar problems and some hints.

Thanks a lot...
    i managed to charge it after having the same issue by putting it in recovery mode (Volume Button up + power with battery out of the phone and back in after the USB logo), let it in recovery mode with charger connected for a few hrs and charged the battery full...
  3.    #3  
    Strange, I can not put it into recovery mode... the USB logo does not appear only the battery with the flash. It is still under warranty, next week I am going to the store.
    That happened to me, however I'm sure it was because I had one of the powerful alpha kernals installed which kept crashing and corrupting the memory. It finally corrupted something so the system could not boot. So I had to doctor it. Back to rebuilding my old 3 year old Palm Pre.
  5.    #5  
    I am getting a new pre plus from the repair workshop (warranty), told me this is a common problem of Palm mobile phones...
    -> new phone (juhu)... partly backups (mhhh)...

I hope no one else runs into a similar problem!