Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crabbz
  1.    #1  
    When the battery on my Pre gets somewhere between 40-50% it just dies. Randomly drops to 0%, gives me the warning message, and then shuts down. I was wondering what you guys recommend? Should I upgrade/replace the battery, or just spend the money and upgrade to a Pre2?
    Try calibrating your battery first with Dr.Battery in Preware (IF you're being cheap). Not sure what the going rate on Pre2s are but you can find a Pre3 for ~$250-300 now.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    When the battery on my Pre gets somewhere between 40-50% it just dies. Randomly drops to 0%, gives me the warning message, and then shuts down. I was wondering what you guys recommend? Should I upgrade/replace the battery, or just spend the money and upgrade to a Pre2?
    You should be able to find a cheap battery. I got one last year on amazon for about $3.45 US! Actually it looks like some are listed for under $2.00 now. Certainly seems worth it if that price.
    Amazon.com: PALM OEM 157-10119-00 BATTERY PRE PIXI PRE PLUS: Cell Phones & Accessories

There are others so do a search.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    +1 to hat crabbz said. If you think your battery is dieing buy some from amazon.

I use the extended battery now but I have 3-4 original batterys and a normal back in my car in case I ever need them for something (like when my extended back broke) You can order 3 batterys and have them shipped for like 10 bucks off amazon.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

+1 on the cheap batteries. Toss a few dollars in that direction and see if it helps. It might sooth your wanting for a new device for at least a short while.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    I was having the same problem as well. I found this thread last week, ordered a battery from Amazon and got it Friday. My phone is back up to normal now. Thanks
    I bought 4 batteries several months back. They were dirt cheap. Of course, I'm getting really tired of a dead end smart phone and will be upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S III when it comes out if it ever does or the HTC EVO 4G LTE.