Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miles4000
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having issues with Switcharoo on Sprint Pre? I tried updating wallpaper on both wifi and 3G but it doesnt work. App version on Touchpad works fine. Also sent email to developer, waiting for reply.
    jscm3 likes this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Me too. Started not working 2 days ago. The app would be stuck downloading wallpapers. I closed and reopened it and it wouldn't even load. Reinstall doesn't help either. Hope the developer will fix it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I sent them email about this couple days ago and haven't got response either. It's really sad that this once-doing-so-well webOS developer just drops support suddenly like this. Very disappointed for my money spent on it.

Well, at least that "money" was very little. I also loved Switcharoo, but stopped working long ago on my original Pre with metadoctored webOS 2.1. As I can't helo but love wallpaper switching, I bought WallSwitch for my Pre 3, and I'm very happy with it.

You can't expect a couple of dollars support development and updates forever. I prefer to give my (little) money to some other still devoted developer.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    me too facing the same on my PRE2
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Well, at least that "money" was very little. I also loved Switcharoo, but stopped working long ago on my original Pre with metadoctored webOS 2.1. As I can't helo but love wallpaper switching, I bought WallSwitch for my Pre 3, and I'm very happy with it.

You can't expect a couple of dollars support development and updates forever. I prefer to give my (little) money to some other still devoted developer.

I don't need apps getting updates forever. But stopping the service without any explanation and not responding to inquiries about it are not acceptable. What's next, the HD version?

7.    #7  
    At least they should let people know they are dropping support for the phone version (if that's the case).
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

jcmarcos, thanks for the purchase!

For those of you affected by the Switcharoo, take a look at the Wall Switch Support thread to see if it might fulfill your requirements.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    jcmarcos, thanks for the purchase!

For those of you affected by the Switcharoo, take a look at the Wall Switch Support thread to see if it might fulfill your requirements.
    Good to see active webOS developer swoop in. XD But Wall Switch can only switch wallpapers from local photos right? I need a wallpaper switch app that can provide wallpapers for me. If it has Flickr connection I will be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Good to see active webOS developer swoop in. XD But Wall Switch can only switch wallpapers from local photos right? I need a wallpaper switch app that can provide wallpapers for me. If it has Flickr connection I will be all over it.

If you want to source from Flickr, Slide RSS will do the trick.
  11.    #11  
    Its working again!

Deveopler email back that it was a server issue.
    yeah its working again ...thanx switcharoo
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    It looks like Switcharoo has stopped working again 5-14-2012! Locks up loading wallpapers. I hope it is only a server problem like last time.

I love the app!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~