Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ArchonAdvisors
  1.    #1  
    About a day ago my beloved launch day pre- got the dreaded "Phone Offline" message and stayed that way since. Toggling airplane mode has no effect and restarting does nothing. I know this has probably been asked about a hundred times, but is there any way to fix my phone?
    Before you attempt to run the doctor, which could put you in a tricker position than you are now if you run it first, open your phone app and type ##radio# (##72346#). If you get a firmware status of "unknown", then your comm-board's modem firmware is corrupt and needs to be manually reflashed. Instructions can be found here: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals

After you follow those instructions and reboot, you should be good to go without any doctoring.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Before you attempt to run the doctor, which could put you in a tricker position than you are now if you run it first, open your phone app and type ##radio# (##72346#). If you get a firmware status of "unknown", then your comm-board's modem firmware is corrupt and needs to be manually reflashed. Instructions can be found here: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals

After you follow those instructions and reboot, you should be good to go without any doctoring.
    Thanks! I think I will try that. Il post back if it works!
    So, if I did this successfully, but i still get the 'phone offline' message, does that mean the antenna is shot? ***?