1.    #1  
    Hi folks!

Last Thursday I bricked my Phone. I just started an application an when it came up the screen was frozen. I waited some time but nothing changed. I pull the battery an put it back but then it didn't start. I tried to pull the battery over a hundred times (as I read here) but nothing!. The screen stays dark. I phoned the HP service line (BEST HOT LINE EVER!) and we tried several key pressings and holds and puts and pulls but nothing works. The screen stayed dark as the night.

We found out that the Pre seems to have a defective bootloader because the "install OMAP driver" message from windows still comes up every time I plug the USB in.

After half an hour the man on the line told me, the only way to get it back working is to send it to HP's repair center in UK. But then all data on the flash disk will be deleted. He told me that he heard about a tool from preware which is able to read data from the flashdisk even if the device does not boot.

I searched the net for hours but I didn't find anything.

Has anyone an Idea?

Its a german "Vodafone" Palm Pre+. I installed the F105 Kernel and used a speedstep governor. But I used that over three weeks in that configuration without any changes and without any problems.

Greetings from Hann. Münden!
    Torsten
    Quote Originally Posted by toto-w View Post
    Hi folks!

Last Thursday I bricked my Phone. I just started an application an when it came up the screen was frozen. I waited some time but nothing changed. I pull the battery an put it back but then it didn't start. I tried to pull the battery over a hundred times (as I read here) but nothing!. The screen stays dark. I phoned the HP service line (BEST HOT LINE EVER!) and we tried several key pressings and holds and puts and pulls but nothing works. The screen stayed dark as the night.

We found out that the Pre seems to have a defective bootloader because the "install OMAP driver" message from windows still comes up every time I plug the USB in.

After half an hour the man on the line told me, the only way to get it back working is to send it to HP's repair center in UK. But then all data on the flash disk will be deleted. He told me that he heard about a tool from preware which is able to read data from the flashdisk even if the device does not boot.

I searched the net for hours but I didn't find anything.

Has anyone an Idea?

Its a german "Vodafone" Palm Pre+. I installed the F105 Kernel and used a speedstep governor. But I used that over three weeks in that configuration without any changes and without any problems.

Greetings from Hann. Münden!
    Torsten
    There is a omap usbload option, I have never tried but heard it works well http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery