Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iprice
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Sadly I lost my Palm last Wednesday, I've tried asking everywhere I went, and asking many people, writing ads on facebook, but not appearing

I did a full erase through my online Palm Profile - Will this block the mobile by IMEI so it can't be used?

And also, I've pressed 3 times and I'm worried about something: I had WebOS 1.4.5 but in my Profile it says: 1.40.50 żIs this normal?

Also in my profile appears a mobile number, but I'm not sure if it's the phone number I used to activate my Palm, or it could be the sim card which may be in use in my palm?!

I'd really appreciate all the help. I'm really sad about it. Thanks.
    in order to kill the MEIE, call your carrier.
    in order to kill the MEIE, call your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    Hi everyone,

Sadly I lost my Palm last Wednesday, I've tried asking everywhere I went, and asking many people, writing ads on facebook, but not appearing

I did a full erase through my online Palm Profile - Will this block the mobile by IMEI so it can't be used?

And also, I've pressed 3 times and I'm worried about something: I had WebOS 1.4.5 but in my Profile it says: 1.40.50 żIs this normal?

Also in my profile appears a mobile number, but I'm not sure if it's the phone number I used to activate my Palm, or it could be the sim card which may be in use in my palm?!

I'd really appreciate all the help. I'm really sad about it. Thanks.
    what carrier?
  5.    #5  
    I use a virtual mobile carrier, so they won't lock my phone by IMEI, and I got my phone unlock by HP.
    Silly question - did you try to call your phone? Maybe it's not lost (maybe it's somewhere you know), or if someone has found it they will answer and let you know where it is.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    saltsaint likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Silly question - did you try to call your phone? Maybe it's not lost (maybe it's somewhere you know), or if someone has found it they will answer and let you know where it is.
    Yes, I tried the first thing, the mobile was disconnected, but it could be that it run out of battery, considering that it had sounded 3 or 4 times the chime of low battery. I also tried asking people with who I was with, and ringing and going back and asking in all the places I had been but still nothing... I've done as far as I can, Tomorrow I'm going to lost property office, and hope I'm lucky (yn).

Or do you mean the number which I'm not sure if it's the number I used to activate it, or the number of whom is using the device?

The question I still have is that if doing an erase through my Palm Profile will my device be blocked?

Regards.
  8.    #8  
    up
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I've done a remote wipe on my Pre 3, then found it again and restored it.

Doing a remote wipe will not ban or blacklist the IMEI. As mentioned above, only the carrier can do this. Also, it would only be effective for that carrier or country. Not that it would really matter, because even if the phone was succesfully blocked, chances are they wouldn't geolocate it or even notify you.

Neither will the wipe lock your sim card. If found and restored, your sim card could be used to make calls. Also, your sim card can be removed and used in another phone to make calls.

If you have a means of preventing the sim from making calls, but able to receive them, that might be interesting, in the event a good soul found it, recharged it, and is doing their best to return it to you.

Many carriers have the possibility to geolocate the phone, although very roughly. Check your client account.

Hope this helped.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I've done a remote wipe on my Pre 3, then found it again and restored it.

Doing a remote wipe will not ban or blacklist the IMEI. As mentioned above, only the carrier can do this. Also, it would only be effective for that carrier or country. Not that it would really matter, because even if the phone was succesfully blocked, chances are they wouldn't geolocate it or even notify you.

Neither will the wipe lock your sim card. If found and restored, your sim card could be used to make calls. Also, your sim card can be removed and used in another phone to make calls.

If you have a means of preventing the sim from making calls, but able to receive them, that might be interesting, in the event a good soul found it, recharged it, and is doing their best to return it to you.

Many carriers have the possibility to geolocate the phone, although very roughly. Check your client account.

Hope this helped.
    Cheers, but my carrier is a virtual one, but I used a vodafone card to activate my sim, so żdo I have to contact vodafone or my virtual carrier (sim inside) to blacklist it?. The sim card is already blocked. I've been to lost property office, but it hasn't appeared, this month they only have 3 samsusng phone. Also I checked, but they didn't make any phone calls.