1.    #1  
    Today I started receiving notification from my Palm Pre - that Palm webos 1.4.5 is available and it wants to install it.

No ideal what is going on here as my device already has 1.4.5 installed and I've been running preware/uberkernel for over a year now.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

How can I resolve it?
    just install the update.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    just install the update.
    My phone already shows I am running 1.4.5 plus won't this mess up the preware and uberkernel I have installed?
    you'll be fine. Don't worry. If it makes you feel better, uninstall uberkernel prior to the update. Then reinstall when its finished. Preware will still be there and function normally afterwards.
    I got it as well. Anyone know if it's a maintanance update/what it resolves/if it does anything else I.e. Remove features or block things.

For a second I thought HP pushed the latest software to legacy devices.
    I got this, too.

I don't have uberkernal, though. But, my Sprint Palm Pre does say that Palm webOS 1.4.5 is now available and my phone already has 1.4.5. But, right underneath that is says, "HP webOS Updates Available. This update contains a variety of software improvements."

I'm not so sure what to do, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by luchalloyd View Post
    I got this, too.

I don't have uberkernal, though. But, my Sprint Palm Pre does say that Palm webOS 1.4.5 is now available and my phone already has 1.4.5. But, right underneath that is says, "HP webOS Updates Available. This update contains a variety of software improvements."

I'm not so sure what to do, either.
    Just run the update. It won't do any harm nor will it bring you any new features. The only plus to it is it will just get rid of the update message.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I believe the issue is what I encountered a few months ago. I believe it is Palm trying to re-patch you with Google Maps (since you added Bing). There is a way to trick it into being happy... But I'll need to dig & find the post. Let me know
    I installed it and it does re-patch Google Maps, but of course, when I opened it, it prompted me to update to "the new Maps app".

So, that sucks, but problem solved, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by luchalloyd View Post
    I installed it and it does re-patch Google Maps, but of course, when I opened it, it prompted me to update to "the new Maps app".

So, that sucks, but problem solved, I guess.
    It seems. I've seen a variety of problems pop up though from the LED light not working til a reboot to the youtube app pausing randomly even when you press play a dozen times it skitters.

Just gets more frustrating.

And here I was last Spring hoping I'd either get an update or Palm/HP would offer free hardware as a promotion since there weren't that many WebOS owners in the first place.

Microsoft and Google/Android manuf. Have given out more devices to show attendees, facebook/twitter contests, and devs in a month or two than the webOS install base mid-2011.
    Just had mine popup now.

It is so funny because my friend spilled a drink on my pre, then I ran it under water quick because the drink had sugar.

^lulz

Uhh sprint I need a new phone.