1.    #1  
    Ok here we go again for those of us who are at webOS 2.2.4...

Verizon Visual VoiceMail on PrePlus or Pre2 from Pre3... Can't get it to work...

Files work and HP/Palm bits function but Verizon will not add the feature to my plan...

Please send feedback to Verizon for webOS 2.2.4 on PrePlus and Pre2 with Visual Voicemail...

The Pre3 has Visual Voice Mail, so port it to the PrePlus or Pre2?
    com.palm.vzwvvm_1.0.1-46_armv7.ipk
    com.palm.app.vzwvvm_1.0-29_armv7.ipk

Get the Pre3 doctor, get the carrier apps out of it, copy them to your pre plus (USB Mode)...
    Make sure your root is rw and ipkg install them...
    Use sqlite3 (from novaterm) and add into your luna system preferences:
    INSERT INTO "Preferences" VALUES('phoneAppShouldShowVoicemailFirstLaunch','true');
    INSERT INTO "Preferences" VALUES('allowClearVoicemailCount','true');

You do not need to do this but I did just to launch the app myself (but clicking the voicemail button on the Phone app should also launch the new visual voice mail app) now modify the APP to be visible in its appinfo.json...
    "visible": false, to "visible": true,

Reboot...

Now if you changed the app to be visible the 'vzwvvm' app will show up on your first page of the launcher...

Click the App or launch the Phone Apps then click the Voicemail button...

It shows a subscribe or decline, I click subscribe then a EULA comes up for mobile hotspot?

I look in the accounts app and I now see a Visual Voicemail with my Verizon # in it, it is setup to sync to my phone...

I think I need to call Verizon and see if I can get a Visual Voicemail added to my plan of features as I can not seem to add it thru their web page...

Now when I click the voicemail button, I get a new window to Call Carrier Voicemail or Visual Voicemail Set Up...

When I click that I get Complete Visual Voicemail Setup which brings me to a mobile hotspot EULA which I click continue but it does not do anything but tell me to call Verizon... As I am using a PrePlus which gets free mobile hotspot not sure what to do from here, but call Verizon...

Ok so called Verizon the PrePlus and Pre2 can not get the Visual Voicemail feature added at this time, however, there is a feedback on their web site that one can request... (not that I have not done this before webOS 1.4.5.1 still on PrePlus instead of webOS 2.2.4....)

I have not explained this in detail as I do not want a new user doing this, only GURU users, if we get it to work, then I will detail how to in this post...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/23/2012 at 02:03 PM.