Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My Pre- recently became completely unreliable for making it my permanent phone, that being said is there any way to use it to just play with my Apps or get to the internet via a wireless connection?

I would like to be able to power it up, keep my current apps, and run off a wirelss connection without having it set up on a wireless carrier.

Is this possible? (I have heard of a developer mode)

How do I do it and how hard is it?

Thanks in advance for all help provided.
    if it is already activated, it will be fine, turn off the cell radio and you're good to go

i didn't have cell service to start with, so i used developer mode to activate it and Impostah to get a Palm Profile
    it's not too hard, if your device has been restored (factory condition) you might want to look into activation bypass

if its already functional, you should be fine
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    if it is already activated, it will be fine, turn off the cell radio and you're good to go

i didn't have cell service to start with, so i used developer mode to activate it and Impostah to get a Palm Profile
    it's not too hard, if your device has been restored (factory condition) you might want to look into activation bypass

if its already functional, you should be fine
    Ok maybe I am missing it, do you know how to just turn off the cell radio? Airplane more would work but I would like to keep the wifi on.
    you can just open the WiFi app and turn the WiFi radio back on.
    wi fi will work with airplane mode on

also, there should be a phone setting in the phone app
    (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK), $that$ $would$ $turn$ $off$ $the$ $phone$ $radio$ $and$ $a$ $patch$ $fron$ $preware$ $can$ $be$ $installed$ $to$ $change$ $the$ &$quot$;$phone$ $offline$&$quot$; $message$ $to$ $something$ $else$ ($eg$ $Palm$, $HP$ $webOS$) $if$ $you$ $do$ $not$ $like$ $the$ $perpetual$ $airplane$ $icon$
    I do this pretty regularly, but to be honest, the battery life sucks compared to my MP3 player (with a hard disk!) The main benefit is the nice touchscreen interface.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/06/2012 at 11:10 AM.