1.    #1  
    help!

holy jesus this is stupid hard...

i'm sure the linux freaks love it but i hate ubuntu. it never works right out of the box. and i can't seem to make it connect to my wifi so i can run MetaDoctor...

is there an easy way to update the webos doctor for webos 2.0 instead having to jack with ubuntu? all i'm trying to do is update to webos 2.0 so i can run prego and use my old pre- as the gps for my touch pad...
    go to a webOS merely and see if someone there can?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

3.    #3  
    go to a what?
    Quote Originally Posted by offsprg01 View Post
    help!

holy jesus this is stupid hard...

i'm sure the linux freaks love it but i hate ubuntu. it never works right out of the box. and i can't seem to make it connect to my wifi so i can run MetaDoctor...

is there an easy way to update the webos doctor for webos 2.0 instead having to jack with ubuntu? all i'm trying to do is update to webos 2.0 so i can run prego and use my old pre- as the gps for my touch pad...
    I don't know how you "freaks" deal with Windows.

Building meta-doctors on Windows is unsupported. I guess your options are either a) go to a webOS meetup where someone can do it for you, b) pay webOS World to do it for you, c) buy a Mac and deal with its issues*, or d) explain what problems you're having so that you can get truly useful replies.

*not flame-bait. There are simply hiccups moving from one platform to another while adjusting to a different One True Way of doing things.
  5.    #5  
    Meant freak as in Linux fan boys not a bad thing per say. My only issues with Linux is that is never woks right out of the box and I'd takes me for ever to get it working right. And I cant stand the reliance on terminal. Totally defeats the point of a GUI os.

Aside from that I'm plugging away at getting my pre- upgraded to webos2.0 I just really wish there was a place where I could download the right doctor .zip instead of having to spend days installing linux, the install the sdk andthe doctor and then installing Meta doctor, and so on an so forth. Seems a bit over complicated to me...
    Meant freak as in Linux fan boys not a bad thing per say. My only issues with Linux is that is never woks right out of the box and I'd takes me for ever to get it working right. And I cant stand the reliance on terminal. Totally defeats the point of a GUI os.

Aside from that I'm plugging away at getting my pre- upgraded to webos2.0 I just really wish there was a place where I could download the right doctor .zip instead of having to spend days installing linux, the install the sdk andthe doctor and then installing Meta doctor, and so on an so forth. Seems a bit over complicated to me...
    Yeah, because Windows is a damn cakewalk to get up and running from scratch. Regardless of that, you're making it a lot harder than it needs to be.

If all you plan to do with your Unix-like environment is build a Meta-Doctor, why are you running it natively? And why are you messing around with the SDK?

Install Ubuntu (or whatever) in a virtual machine. Build the doctor in the VM. Transfer the Doctor to your native OS. Run the doctor from there.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    go to a what?
    I think he meant "meetup" and it was auto-corrected to nonsense
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced