1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I have managed to get my hands on a brand new Verizon Pre Plus. Only problem is myself and the phone are in the UK and we work on GSM here so I need to swap my CDMA board out to replace it with a GSM one, this has been well documented the other way round but what are the steps I need to do this way round?

I already have the board and various spares from a couple of broken minuses I have hanging around in my office drawer.

Thanks
    Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    Won't it be easier to just get a GSM Pre?

As far as I can tell, the hardware part should be straight forward (Frankenpre in reverse!)
    but I have no clue how the software will be modded to work. (No experience with Metadoctor) Maybe just a doctor for a GSM Pre+? hmm
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  3.    #3  
    Well I have been looking for parts to repair both my minuses for a while but came across nothing at a decent price and the chance to pick up a new in box pre + for 10 was just too good to pass up even if it is a Verizon model.
    I was just hoping that there was a way to get it to work for me rather than just keeping on the shelf looking pretty or going through the hassle of selling it to the US.

Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    Just do it.
    Easy swap but mind the length of the antenna cables.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:26 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I'm guessing there is some doctoring involved though, surely its not just plug and play?

Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
    Quote Originally Posted by retraux View Post
    I'm guessing there is some doctoring involved though, surely its not just plug and play?

Dave
    Last year, I used the Verizon 2.1 Meta-Doctor script and it worked like a charm.
    The mix of a EU board with a US S/N did not cause any problems.
    Profile server functions worked as expected.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:30 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Ah great, thanks for that I'll hive it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

Dave
    Proud webOS supporter!
  8.    #8  
    Perfect thanks, used the Verizon 2.1 meta-doctor and its now recognised the new comm board and connected to my GSM network, just struggling to get past the auto locate screen in the profile setup now.

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!