1.    #1  
    I'm getting an Epic 4G Touch but I want to keep my Sprint Pre- as a PMP. I LOVE WebOS and just nto ready to part with it completely. I know it'll get nothing on exchange so why not. I also plan on upgrading the software to 2.0 cuz I figured also that I have nothing to lose. I have 2 questions.

1) Is there any way to backup my Palm Profile in case the switch to 2.0 breaks it?

2) I know I've seen instructions but can't find them on how to "activate" the WebOS phone without the network connection to the carrier. Should I just upgrade to 2.0 before I switch phones?

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?

At least tell me what needs to be backed up separately in case my Palm profile breaks during the upgrade?
    I'll be using Save/Restore anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I'm getting an Epic 4G Touch but I want to keep my Sprint Pre- as a PMP. I LOVE WebOS and just nto ready to part with it completely. I know it'll get nothing on exchange so why not. I also plan on upgrading the software to 2.0 cuz I figured also that I have nothing to lose. I have 2 questions.

1) Is there any way to backup my Palm Profile in case the switch to 2.0 breaks it?

2) I know I've seen instructions but can't find them on how to "activate" the WebOS phone without the network connection to the carrier. Should I just upgrade to 2.0 before I switch phones?

Thanks.
    1) If you're looking to backup your contacts, sms messages, etc., google for a file called PalmDatabase.db3 and you'll see some webos-internals pages about it. That is the file where most of that profile info is stored on your phone. You can copy that file someplace but be aware that you will probably need to be familiar with the linux command line to do it, unless it can be done using the Internalz app. Odds are your profile should be just fine when you upgrade though.

2) I would definitely suggest upgrading your phone to webos 2.x, preferably before you switch phones if you can. You just download and use the meta-doctor method provided by webos-internals. If you decide to do the upgrade before you switch, there is a patch in preware to disable the 3G radio afterwards (or you can put the phone in airplane mode and then just turn the wifi back on individually). If you decide to upgrade after you've already switched phones, be sure to use the "--wifi-only" option when setting up the metadoctor.

Be sure to reinstall Preware, overclocking, and performance patches when you're done.
    Last edited by sq5; 02/14/2012 at 04:49 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.

Do I need to erase my Palm Profile or is everything working better now so that's not necessary?