Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have a Palm Pre+ I bought on contract on Verizon, and I have a Sprint Pre that was given to me. I was able to wipe the Pre and prevent activation by installing Preware and the appropriate apps/patches (I forget exactly how), so I can use the Pre for various non-carrier purposes.

The Pre+ is really starting to show its age (the power button is now starting to worry me), and I'm wondering if I can migrate to the Pre until I decide on my next phone option (my contract is up in mid-March). I know the Pre has less memory, but I don't need to load all my apps (purchased or free) on it - just the critical ones I use on a daily basis. So, I have a couple of basic questions:

1) Can I reactivate the Pre on Sprint? If so, will I be able to download said critical phone apps to it (either from the app catalog or from App Tuckerbox)?

2) Can I put 2.2.4 on the Pre before reactivating the phone on Sprint? If so, will I still be able to use said critical phone apps on it?

I'm very comfortable with Preware and WOSQI, but I have yet to use App Tuckerbox, and I've only brushed the surface on Impostah. Not sure how all of this would be used to do this stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!
    My experience with 2.2.4 on legacy (Sprint) device was pretty bad. Locked up and froze constantly requiring multiple battery pulls, so I wouldn't recommend it. 2.1.0 should work just fine (using meta-doctor WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals). Once you've wiped the Plus device and run the Doctor on the Sprint phone your apps should be restored once you login to your Palm Profile. If they are not you can use the app tuckerbox and Impostah. Good luck and and let me know if you run into any snags and I will try and help you out.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    sell both phones on eBay and buy a pre + or 2 there. you could break even, or almost.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting a headache thinking of what might be involved, so just ignore my pitiful cries. Since my contract is almost up, I think it might be easier to plan on migrating my data to my next platform (Window Phone?) than to orchestrate such an effort and risk losing all of it! Heading to bed. I'd be curious if anyone could come up with a complete step-by-step for my situation (but I wouldn't be so presumptuous to expect it...) Night...