Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler
  1.    #1  
    So I find myself about once a week going back and picking up my og pre, holding it in my hand, sliding it open and thinking, "it feels like it was made to actually use with human hands" I can't think of another design that actually contours the hand the same way.

I've had all the webos devices now, and I must say I do prefer the actual button of the og pre. Now don't get me wrong, I love my veer and my pre3, but a special place in my chest warms when I use it, like I'm drinking a 15 year old scotch...

The river stone pebble slider design is definitely in my opinion the most ergonomic cell phone I have used to date, and I hope somehow, someway, it continues on. Now that the design has finally been perfected.
    Palm prē-ist.
    let's hope so. although i wouldn't mind a nice slab webOS phone as an option.
    I know exactly what you mean, I have had every webOS phone produced at one point or another but I still have pre- in my office drawer that I pull out and look at every now and again.

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    I totally agree, the original Pre design IMHO offers an excellent balance between smallness, functionality, pocketability (is that a word?), and just feels right in the hand. After trying so many phones in the past years, I fell in love with it when I first held it in my hands. That form factor, plus the "swoosh" effect of webOS cards ;-)

Although after using a Pre 3 for a few months I must admit I really love it. The keyboard, the speed, the screen.

Maybe my perfect phone would be sized like the original Pre, or maybe in between Pre and Pre 3, with keyboard clicks and CPU like the Pre 3, memory as in Pre 2.

Definitely, definitely, definitely I love the portrait hardware keyboard slider. So few phones have that. I think they really got it right on the Pre 3, both the mechanical stability of the slider and the touch of the buttons (yes, they click and you can feel it!).

Well, let's see what will become available once Open webOS is out. Now I need to make my Pre 3 last until then.
    Yes, I guess they had to trade in some of the roundness of the original Pre by using Gorilla Glass on the Pre 2.
    The original Pre is the phone that feels best in your hand.
    I feel the same way. I pick up my original Pre- and love the form... but then I see the huge cracks that kept coming across the face and wished they could have created that form without that fracturing taking place. It was a fantastic and comfortable design. I'm still rockin' the FrankenPre2 and love it. I've used other phones, and simply keep coming back to this one.

Still, the Pre- by far felt the best and will always have a warm place in my heart.... in the same way I keep my Treo 650 and 680 around.
    I honestly like the feel of the Pre3 in comparison. The way the entire phone is curved makes the original Pre feel not just chunky, but squarish, in comparison.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Now that I'm used to the size of the Pre3 keyboard, I love the feel of it most of all. Pre2 is a close second. Confidentially, I still play Nintendo games on my Treo650.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I still play Doom on the original Pre...
    Could very well be that the Pre 3 feels best; I've never had the privilege to hold one in my hand...
    I'm still using my original Palm+ and love it!
    While flying back from San Jose I notice that the passenger next to me was using a Sprint Pre and after several months with the Pre 3, his Pre looked thick and squarish to me too, so with a big grin on my face, I handed him my Pre 3 and said "check this out". He held it in his hand and you should of see the expression on his face as he mouthed the word "wow" because compared to holding a Pre, the Pre 3 feels smooth and sleek like it was molded to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. Now I know what I looked like when I held my Pre 3 for the first time . Needless to say, he said that as soon as gets home he was going on ebay to buy a Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    So I find myself about once a week going back and picking up my og pre, holding it in my hand, sliding it open and thinking, "it feels like it was made to actually use with human hands" I can't think of another design that actually contours the hand the same way.

I've had all the webos devices now, and I must say I do prefer the actual button of the og pre. Now don't get me wrong, I love my veer and my pre3, but a special place in my chest warms when I use it, like I'm drinking a 15 year old scotch...

The river stone pebble slider design is definitely in my opinion the most ergonomic cell phone I have used to date, and I hope somehow, someway, it continues on. Now that the design has finally been perfected.
    ...couldn't resist
    I hear ya. I think my Pre 3's great (and it IS) -- but if the screen on my Pre- hadn't cracked, who knows...
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)