Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ...Title is incorrect, i have WebOS quikinstall on my computer, want to use it to get preware on my phone: I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5.1... Yes, i have latest Java installed, have developer mode turned on, and i have Novacom installed and running. And yet when i plug my phone into my computer ("just charge" mode) and try to run WebOS Quick Install, i get a "no devices found" error message, and i am asked to connect a device, cancel, or reinstall novacom. Please help! I desperately want to be able to put Preware on my phone! Thanks ...
    When you connect via USB, does your computer recognize that a USB device is installed? Usually when mine is giving me that error, I either accidentally turned Developer Mode off, or there is something wrong with the USB cord I am using.

Try rebooting both the phone and the computer, make sure Dev Mode is ON, and do NOT enter USB mode - have it charge only. Use a different USB cord, if you have one that works. (Authentic Palm works best)

I hope this works for you.
    Fisack23 makes some good suggestions above. Adding to that, I suggest reinstalling the novacom drivers again even if you've done it before. Also, try plugging directly into one of the USB ports on your computer instead of through a hub, if you are doing that now.

Another thought is that you may want to try a totally different computer. If your current computer is running 64-bit windows, perhaps try using a machine that is running 32-bit windows, or even linux. (I've heard of a 64-bit windows machine not allowing the novacom drivers to install.)
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I ran into a problem with my Pre+ 1.4.5 the other day. It was a developer mode problem. Look to see if it says it is on or off. If it's off turn it on and reboot. If it's on, turn it off reboot and then turn it back on and reboot again. This solved my problem.

BTW, I run a 64bit machine and on occasion find switching USB ports will "fix" problems with various periferals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    ...Title is incorrect, i have WebOS quikinstall on my computer, want to use it to get preware on my phone: I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus running 1.4.5.1... Yes, i have latest Java installed, have developer mode turned on, and i have Novacom installed and running. And yet when i plug my phone into my computer ("just charge" mode) and try to run WebOS Quick Install, i get a "no devices found" error message, and i am asked to connect a device, cancel, or reinstall novacom. Please help! I desperately want to be able to put Preware on my phone! Thanks ...
    I would also try to reinstall novacom and make sure that dev mode is turned on. Also you don't need to select "just charge" just plug it in and set it down.
    +1 on Developer mode. Spent almost 2 hours trying to figure a similar problem out.
    I get that sometimes on my Mac. Besides following what they said above (dev mode, just charge vs. usb), try slowing down. Click install drivers, do it again, wait, do it again, etc.

It may give an error, but still may have worked. I usually get the error at least once, but then am fine.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice fellas ... i finally got Web OS Intall working this morning, did so by using an old version, something like 3.12, that i had downloaded about 2 years ago. Installed Web OS Doctor with it, and suddenly my phone was being recognized by computer! Installed preware, and have now used preware to install several apps i badly wanted, like the Music Remix player and Govnah.

Thanks again!
    I ended up here because of the same problem. A simple restart of my Veer got me up and running again.

Sometimes I miss the obvious stuff; still, this great forum has endless help- thanks to all of you.