Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've searched all over the forums and I can't find my exact problem, please forgive me if this situation has been posted before...

So I've been using this Palm Pre + for a couple months now and everything has been working smoothly till the other day when..

I turned off the radio accidentally in the launcher and then turned it back on and since then it has been "searching" for the network and displays zero bars.

I decided to do a full erase and start from scratch, nothing. I used webosDoctor, nothing. It's still searching, forever and ever and ever.

Is my radio dead or is there some other option I can do? I read a little about reseting the MSL might do the trick. Not sure if its even worth it. Let me know and thanks!
    Have you tried dialing *22899? this will update your phone PRL.

If that doesn't do it there is a diagnostic utility. See here: Palm pre diagnostics screen?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Okay so I did the diagnostic utility and it gave me a code 1000, Hardware Area: Modem. I searched the forums and I found someone else who had a similar problem but he was able to fix it by turning off "roam only"...

However, since I did a full reset I can't even get past the profile sign in screen... any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobnwieve View Post
    Okay so I did the diagnostic utility and it gave me a code 1000, Hardware Area: Modem. I searched the forums and I found someone else who had a similar problem but he was able to fix it by turning off "roam only"...

However, since I did a full reset I can't even get past the profile sign in screen... any suggestions?
    There's an official Bypass Activation Tool on this page https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html which you can use to get past the activation screen.
    hmmm...

some would argue verizon never really found the pre plus.
    after all that time telling its customers to not buy the phone...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Ya'll are incredible. Thank you so much. I was able to get past the activation screen using the developer tool and then I reinstalled my patches and fixed the "roaming only" option. It's working perfectly now. Thanks again!
    Ya'll are incredible. Thank you so much. I was able to get past the activation screen using the developer tool and then I reinstalled my patches and fixed the "roaming only" option. It's working perfectly now. Thanks again!
    Nice. glad it worked and you reported back.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Definitely. This put me in such a good mood that I decided to learn how to use meta-doctor and now I have 2.1 on my pre+ .. it feels like christmas
    Definitely. This put me in such a good mood that I decided to learn how to use meta-doctor and now I have 2.1 on my pre+ .. it feels like christmas
    It's looking like 2.2.4 will be stable for Pre+ pretty soon here, so you can get a little more practice and try that one too!