1.    #1  
    WebOS is a truly awesome OS. And it's interesting that my old Pre still gives the best user experience in a smartphone.

My wife and son both were eligible for upgrades on Sprint, and I got them both iPhone 4s's (upgrading from the pretty decent LG Lotus). I've had a chance to play around with their phones, and the variety of apps and Apple's fast UI gave me pause. But I can wait another second for an app to come up. And I don't really need Siri when it's just as fast to use the sliding keyboard to just start typing. Siri actually reminds me of the old Newton handwriting-recognition software - it works for very targeted requests, but not so much for more free-wheeling challenges.

The camera is the thing that's irritating me right now. For landscape, daylight pics, my Pre does just fine. But the iPhone's camera is amazing.

I'm coming around to the fact that even with open-sourcing the OS, webOS is going into the same memory-hole as Rendition.

Why can't anyone build a decent smartphone?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I agree with you. I bought the iphone 4S for my wife because she got really tired with her broken pre-.

Mine broke too, so I got a used pre on ebay, I still love the user experience, although I wish my phone was faster and with longer battery life, so I might change soon

With my touchpad I get my webOS fix and with No webOS phones in the near future I'm keeping the pre- until it disintegrates in the palm of my hand. Then I'll move on.

I still love webOS and hopes it rises from the ashes, and fly again...someday perhaps? Yes!

Phone: Pre- Tablet: Touchpad. Concept: WebOS Napkin.
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkin© "in coming months"
    I agree. I love webOS and on the touchpad it's an amazing OS to use.

But... My Pre 2's power button was giving me problems and rather than sourcing a used phone, I just decided to get a windows phone running Mango. It's a shame webOS isn't used on any fantastic phone hardware (minus the Pre 3).
    You could also do a Pre 2-ing to get a better camera. It's not bounds and leaps better, but it's better. Still doesn't hold a candle to the cameras available in top-tier smartphones these days.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I still have my Pre-! Almost 3 years now. I can't give it up. I have six touchstones and the one in my car is my favorite one. I use spotify almost every second in my car and my touchpad lets me enjoy webOs even more. I am waiting so patiently on something new. The Pre 3 was such a disappointment and its like we're getting behind the times with all of the new apps and phone technology such as simple hdmi out and a better camera. But I can't get rid of this device! I love it! Sprint Nav is still amazing as well.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by vc1492a View Post
    I agree. I love webOS and on the touchpad it's an amazing OS to use.

But... My Pre 2's power button was giving me problems and rather than sourcing a used phone, I just decided to get a windows phone running Mango. It's a shame webOS isn't used on any fantastic phone hardware (minus the Pre 3).
    I dropped my phone on the power button and it has no spring action anymore. I get by with the slider to turn it on and screen off app to turn it off. Of course it still works if I press down hard enough
    Last edited by laingman; 01/22/2012 at 10:07 PM.
    I have Franken'ed both my wife's and my Pre-'s. Both are working fine now, except that I notice lag when I try to use the phone. I'll touch the CALL button, and it will wait for a few seconds before registering.

But still, I want to stay with WebOS as long as I can. Can't someone PLEASE find a way to get the Pre3 to Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have Franken'ed both my wife's and my Pre-'s. Both are working fine now, except that I notice lag when I try to use the phone. I'll touch the CALL button, and it will wait for a few seconds before registering.

But still, I want to stay with WebOS as long as I can. Can't someone PLEASE find a way to get the Pre3 to Sprint?
    Have you installed the 1.2 uberkernel yet? It makes for a smooth experience. Don't know about battery life since I have Touchstone everywhere. Also you may try some touch response and optimization patches from preware. If you haven't already.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I dropped my phone on the power button and it has no spring action anymore. I get by with the slider to turn it on and screen off app to turn it off. Of course it still works if I press down hard enough

The easy fix for this issue is to ad either a piece of plastic. Cut a tiny piece of a plastic card, like a business card, remove the back cover . Use tweezers to pop out the power button and to manage the piece of plastic. put it under the power button, so you won't have to press so hard, you won't have a clicky sound, but it will work. Replace the power button and you are good to go.
    Phone: Pre- Tablet: Touchpad. Concept: WebOS Napkin.
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkin© "in coming months"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yeah, that's a defect that emerged after a few months. I've had to return one phone because of the power-button issue.

Imagine what it could have been: Palm techs notice that the power button is a failure point (like the Oreo effect), and remedy it in the next version! Oh my. Getting misty here.
    Loved the phone, especially loved Synergy but what killed it for me was when they removed Google Maps and replaced it with Bing. Next day I bought a Nexus S 4G.
    FrankenPre+ on Sprint SERO 500 Premium