7 17.07%
  • Galaxy Nexus

8 19.51%
  • Pre2

26 63.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    looking at the poll i cannot see how you guys think a pre2 is better than a gnexus.
    android is kinda busy, lipstick on a pig
    I am in the same boat with the same issue. I would feel like an ***** to pay $400 for an obsolete PRE 3 phone. I think those people are taking advantage of our emotional connection with Palm, at least, I am emotionally connected to my Pre+. Let us know how your transition goes, I will be making mine in April.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    obsolete yes...useless? Absolutely not. In the grand scheme of things, every android/IOS product will seem light years ahead, because the latest and greatest hardware is always just around the corner. But you have to ask yourself in all honesty, do you like the hardware or the software. While the hardware is always improving, it's always the same old iOS and Android.

I don't know about you, but I plan to stick with the best OS as long as feasible even if it's on relatively old hardware. Make yourself happy by running a Lithium Benchmark on your webOS choice to keep perspective within webOS, but there will always be newer hardware to tempt you.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    If you're eligible for upgrade, get iPhone 4S, then sell/trade for Pre3.

I am really contemplating this notion, I am a launch day pre owner and considering a Pre2, I have gone thru two Pre minuses in that time and really like all what's happened lately with the Pre2. I can see myself selling the Iphone 4S to someone( at a fair market value of course) and get me a second or even two Pre 2's since I already have one standing by incase my pre would give out . I intend to stay on Sprint unless something drastically changes with them. I've been with Sprint since 1998. Though I did see in fidelity news that verizon is now looking into "family data " pricing where data is shared much like the "voice & text " packages.This is suppose to be introduced next year. I may wait a few more months. I feel yer pain Iowahawk19. I'm at a crossroads
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Long time Sprint customer and Pre user from the beginning. I love webOS but two things now concern me greatly. 1. my vast storage of passwords, PINs and codes stored on my Pre with Keyring and saved on my PC with Save/Restore. 2. webOS no longer supported by certain applications/podcasts.

Though #2 doesn't seem like any big deal, I drive a lot and listen almost exclusively to Stitcher's podcasts through my car's stereo system. This week, SEVERAL of my favorite podcasts are no longer supporting webOS. The recording says to listen to them with iOS or Android. Ugh. I was happy with status quo, but did not want to take a step backward. Now, webOS' tribulations have had a real life impact on me.

Passwords stored on Keyring will become a problem when my Pre bites the dust. Despite the fact that they're backed up, I will need another webOS device on which to transfer them. Therein lies the problem. There are no new webOS devices. Sure, devices can be had. The point is that they are not being made. Time will only exacerbate the issue unless and until a manufacturer steps up to make webOS devices.

webOS is great. The initial shoddy hardware along with those horrible commercials really hurt its chances for success.
    Quote Originally Posted by gianf150 View Post
    I am in the same boat with the same issue. I would feel like an ***** to pay $400 for an obsolete PRE 3 phone. I think those people are taking advantage of our emotional connection with Palm, at least, I am emotionally connected to my Pre+. Let us know how your transition goes, I will be making mine in April.
    $400! I got my AT&T Pre for just over $200. You need to shop a little more wisely.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    android is closer (as opposed to iOS) to webos IMO in that the platform is open. Can easily convert webos apps using phonegap and don't need to own a mac to publish nor do you need to pay a hefty developer free. all apps in my sig now converted to android. :'( missing webos a little less myself (and still have the touchpad). Galaxy S I Epic 4g
    which podcasts don't work?

I don't use Stitcher for podcasts because it never reloads an interrupted podcast from where it left off- it starts from the beginning.

the best podcast player remains dr.podder.
    download it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Several of the podcasts are BrainStuff, Onion radio news, NOVA scienceNOW and Stuff to Blow Your Mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    Several of the podcasts are BrainStuff, Onion radio news, NOVA scienceNOW and Stuff to Blow Your Mind.
    Get Dr. Podder and enter the RSS feeds manually. There's no reason they shouldn't work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12