1.    #1  
    I have two VZW Pre Plus's. One has a great keyboard, no sticking or double keys. But the case is cracked near the USB port. The other has Keyboard issues but is in perfect condition.

Are there any how-to's on how to swap keyboards? I know there are lots of tutorials online to get at the COMM Board, but I have not seen anything for the kyboard swap itself.

Any help is apreciated.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have two VZW Pre Plus's. One has a great keyboard, no sticking or double keys. But the case is cracked near the USB port. The other has Keyboard issues but is in perfect condition.

Are there any how-to's on how to swap keyboards? I know there are lots of tutorials online to get at the COMM Board, but I have not seen anything for the kyboard swap itself.

Any help is apreciated.
    The keyboard switch membrane appears to be stuck to the comm-board heat-sink with an adhesive film ( an adhesive that's applied with a tape carrier, and then the tape is removed leaving the adhesive). I'm not sure if the switch membrane is robust enough to be removed without damage. I'm considering replacing the keyboard on my VZ Pre+ with a Sprint Pre- keyboard, if it's compatible. I've already replaced the slider ribbon to get reliable 3g connections, so pulling the comm board for a keyboard replacement seems a little easier.
    You could possibly replace the keyboard/comm-board combo but I think it requires some creative programming to copy and install the rom "tokens" from one phone to the other so the comm-board appears to be in the same phone as it was originally.
    I know, not much help.
    Last edited by namgod; 01/27/2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3