1.    #1  
    I transferred my service to an other Pre, but my contacts are on my old Pre. How can I get my contacts?

Pre 1.45 Sprint Network
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    So on your Pre you had the default account your Palm Profile rather than a GMail account or similar? There is an item in Preware that can send all contacts via email I think, if you have Preware you can search for it, or search threads here to find more details. Good luck.

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Ok so I just saw you went from one Pre to another? In that case log in with the same profile and they will restore. If you chose another email address and created a new profile then the prior advice might help, and/or others with more knowledge might pipe in!

logging in with the same profile will cause the new phone to sync with all your old accounts. They aren't really "on" the phone.
  5.    #5  
    I didn't have Preware on the old phone, and the phone is locked. I tried putting my info in, but the phone says it needs to be connected to a Wireless Service Providers Network. As for as sprint holding the contacts: They said that they sent all that they had (three). I had about 400 contacts.

I wish I would have backed them up on Google or Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Is the new phone another Pre, or a different phone altogether?

If it is another type of phone, when you say the phone is locked, what do you mean, dead, won't turn on? If it still works you could put it back on Sprint account (I'm assuming?), get Preware installed, get the contacts sent off your Palm Profile, then go back to the other phone.

7.    #7  
    I am going from a Palm Pre 1.45 To a Palm Pre 1.45. I have the same number.

After the Tech from Sprint transferred the service from the old phone to the new phone, I realised that I only had three contacts. The Sprint Tech said that was all I had associated with that profile. So then I had the idea to get the contacts myself off of the old phone, but the old phone is locked. I tried putting in my profile info (old phone), but it says " You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network etc......."
    Here's where many ppl get screwed. If you want to retain your contacts from Pre to Pre you either have had to:
    a) save all your contacts as a Palm contact, not let contacts come in from say facebook and then add phone numbers to that - if you did latter, you will lose them. If your contact is a Palm contact, then the daily backup of your Palm profile will save them (well, most of them at least - some of mine were missing, don't know why).
    b) save all your contacts in google contacts or something like that and then just let it synch to your phone. This is the safer way with more longevity in mind and will let you move to your next phone (whether Pre or some other phone) easily.