1.    #1  
    verizon does not honor the 5 gig free hotspot on pre plus or pixi anymore. hotspot subscription is required now for activation of these phones now. go big red, i dont love you
    My VZW launch Day Pre+ is now having problems (the volume up key appears to get stuck often, so my phone usually has that bar across the bottom showing the full volume...it's like the volume up key is depressed...and so now so am I!) so I was thinking about going the $29.99 with 2 year activation. I just don't want to give up on webOS yet, and I like that I've got 3 touchstones that I can keep using. BTW, off topic but are there different batteries for the Pre2, or do they use the same battery as the Pre+?

Back to the topic, I haven't tried freetether yet, but it hopefully will solve my "I need a wifi hotspot" requests.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

The Pre2 uses the same battery as the Pre, Pre+ and Pixi. It can use the standard or the Mugen higher capacity batteries. I have used both.

Are you sure Verizon will not honor the free hot spot anymore. Within the last couple of weeks I bought and activated a Pre3. During this I went back and forth between the Pre3 and Pre+ about four times. I wanted to make sure I could set up the Pre3 the way I wanted before migrating my palm profile.

Everytime I activated the Pre3 the verizon activation made me remove the free hotspot and everytime I re-activated the Pre+ the activation made me add it back at $0.

It may be that they won't give it to you for free if you never had a Pre+, but I don't think they are taking it from existing customers.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    My VZW launch Day Pre+ is now having problems (the volume up key appears to get stuck often, so my phone usually has that bar across the bottom showing the full volume...it's like the volume up key is depressed...and so now so am I!) so I was thinking about going the $29.99 with 2 year activation. I just don't want to give up on webOS yet, and I like that I've got 3 touchstones that I can keep using. BTW, off topic but are there different batteries for the Pre2, or do they use the same battery as the Pre+?

Back to the topic, I haven't tried freetether yet, but it hopefully will solve my "I need a wifi hotspot" requests.

the pre, pixi, and pre2 all use the same battery, as well as the centro. some will vary in size in terms of milliamps
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    also, extended batteries are incompatible with the touchstone, since it requires a new back cover.
    Thank you for the helpful information all...I had forgotten the battery 'plus' for me. I've got 3 batteries, 2 are the standard Palm batteries, and one is the Mugen slightly more powerful that still fits in the regular Touchstone back...it works great.

Well, it sounds like Pre2 is the way to go for me since I want to hang on to webOS and maximize the use of my existing accessories (extra batteries and touchstones). I can wait for another year and a half or 2 and see if things turn around for webOS. I know it and love it and won't have to worry about learning how to deal with a new OS for now. If webOS dies a slow open source death (I have no idea what will happen of course), perhaps Android's work in Ice Cream Sandwich will blossom more towards a webOS like interface and experience.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrhere View Post
    verizon does not honor the 5 gig free hotspot on pre plus or pixi anymore. hotspot subscription is required now for activation of these phones now. go big red, i dont love you
    I assume you are only speaking about NEW activations? Old contracts are unaffected? Thanks.