Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am a proud user of the Pre- and have been since the release date. I am currently on my 5th one for various hardware issues. I guess my wife got tired of the complaining about the hardware and suprised me with an iPhone for Xmas. Now the funny thing is I have to go to the Sprint Store and pick it up because they could not give it to her without turing my phone off. Now that would have been a suprise LOL

Funny thin is it has been almost 5 days now and I still have not gone to pick up the phone. I love WebOS and this has been a lot harder then expected. Can't bring myself to go pick up the iPhone even though the Pre- I have is all but shot.

Anyone else out there having the same problem? :-)
  2. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I switched over from my launch day Pre - about a month ago. Now I am looking to sell my Iphone 4s 32gb white on ebay and go back to my Pre-. I have a Pre 2 which I am going to try and Franken Pre just worried about doing the hardware conversion and breaking something.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Whatever you do, act before 14 days are up!

I have a Pre- on Sprint also and have come to the same realization that I have to move in some direction if at least temporarily while webOS comes back in the future on some sort of hardware, hopefully. I have looked the big three and none of them are completely satisfactory for me. Though admittedly I have not played with ICS yet. It is truly a hard step to take.

Then 2 days before Christmas, my daughter dropped her Pre- in water, no amount of rice drying brought it back to life. So, she got an iPhone 4 for Christmas. She loves it, and of course kids love whatever their friends love, so for her its not just about the software, its about having the cool thing. But what it is doing for me is to give me more opportunity to experience iPhone before making my own decision.

I do know that from the research I have done, I will want a jailbroken iPhone to get functionality I want, don't know if there is untethered 4s out there, and when 5 comes, how long with that take? I am leaning iPhone.

I know the hard decision you are making, I don't want to make it either, yet.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    just worried about doing the hardware conversion and breaking something.
    Exactly why I don't want to go there, personally.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s